Emmerdale: Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Neither will I. His character’s fate was sealed after what he did to Alicia. 

Speaking of awful behavior I wonder if at some point either Diane or Victoria will say “Well, what Chrissie did to Andy was horrible but she didn’t deserve THAT!” 

• Members

I never really cared for Andy, so that isn't something I would hold against Chrissie.  

Please register in order to view this content

I just hope that simply because she's dead all the other nasty things she did will be forgotten and people will mourn her or Lawrence. Most of the villagers didn't care about them when they were alive anyway.

• Members

They did care about what she did to Andy, though. She framed him for doing something Lachlan did and he got sent to prison! And some might hold her indirectly responsible for the helicopter crash. Of course she didn’t cause it but her actions started the chain reaction.

• Members

What's there to like? He was an obnoxious child whose thoughtless behaviour was at least partially responsible for the deaths of Vic Windsor and Sarah Sugden. When he grew up he and Katie behaved completely childish when they decided to have a baby just so they could be together when they were clearly too young. Then his impulsive and reckless behaviour caused him to shoot and almost kill Jack Sugden.  He slept with an underaged Debbie Dingle and got her pregnant, thereby forcing the Sugdens to be forever tied to the Dingle family. His feud with Robert later caused the death of Max King.

When he finally got together with Katie he then proceeded to cheat on her with their lodger, Jo. After Katie left and he got together with Jo he started to abuse her, finally forcing her to flee from the village.

All the character did was cause pain and suffering, and I'm not particularly sorry that he's gone.

• Members

I never said that I considered him a villain. I just said that I didn't particularly like him, and listed some of the reasons why. The one that was portrayed as a villain was always Robert. I really resented the way Jack almost always sided with Andy when the two fought. It was especially infuriating how little consideration Jack seemed to have for Robert's feelings towards Andy after he found out about Andy's involvement in Sarah's death. Jack had no trouble forcing Robert to leave Emmerdale after the accident that caused Max King's death, yet he went to extreme lengths, even going to prison himself, to keep Andy around.