Emmerdale: Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I'd say the current regime is somewhat less Dingle-oriented than some of the previous few. For instance, Kate Oates never would have had a mystery (Emma's murder) where only one Dingle had any major involvement, and they have also been used less as moral authorities of the village. 

Edited by DRW50

• Members

Gee, I wonder why? Could it perhaps be because the idea of a Dingle, any Dingle, as a moral authority is laughable to say the least.  

Please register in order to view this content

If the current regime has realized that then all the better.

Now, if they could only start killing off some of the Dingles......  

• Members

Good Gawd, the scenes tonight with Chas and Paddy were excruciating. Also the ones with Lawrence and Robert. John Bowe must be embarrassed at having to play them.

I think one reason that Tom might be Joseph is that they’ve taken great care to keep Charity from seeing him so far (she was his stepmother, after all).

Edited by TimWil

• Members

John Bowe's been such a ham in all the years I've seen him - this stuff is at least entertaining in a bizarre way, which I can't say for most of his time as Lawrence. The only time I ever enjoyed anything he did was the story with Ronnie, and Bowe always seemed hesitant about playing any of that. He always seemed reluctant about seeing Lawrence as gay. 

• Members

So, I guess they're trying to replicate the Tom King murder inquiry with this story about Emma? I think I would have preferred it if she really had committed suicide.

But since they've made it into a mystery who do you all think is the culprit? Moira, Ross, Pete, Cain, Laurel or Adam?  Or maybe they'll surprise us all and it turns out to be suicide after all?