Emmerdale: Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

This Eric/Faith/Rodney "triangle" is  unbearable. And so is Robert's poisoning Lawrence and then fiddling with his medical tests. Awful. Jesus, how much worse will this show get before something gets done?

Edited by TimWil

• Members

I don't mind the Eric/Faith/Rodney stuff.

The White stuff is poor but it has been since early 2015. Same old same old. I'd say the show will improve when they're gone but I don't really think it will, to be honest.

I'd say if you want good material try to find the earlier episodes. There are patches of decent material (I thought the Aaron and Jason stuff at the start of the week was surprisingly decent), but otherwise it's been uneven and a drag for years now.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

Does anyone know how much longer till the Whites exit? Or Emma? I feel like once all these characters exit stage left that the show will possibly retool itself and get back on track. Boggles my mind how ED went from having the best year ever to now. But then again all the UK soaps seems to be a dip as of late. None of them hold my attention.

• Members

Oh, dear God no to the above conversation. I don't even want to think that they would go there. That would be too awful. It's clear that the show is going through a rough patch right now. But then again, when I really think about it it hasn't been good for a very long time. The Ashley story was the exception, and because it was so good and especially John and Charlotte gave such phenomenal performances I at least tended to overlook the multiple flaws that the show had. But with that story over, and with Gillian Kearney leaving, the sad state of the rest of the show has become glaringly obvious.