Emmerdale: Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I think Pete with Moira is the most dramatic and would've been the best route to continue with as Emma's secret is coming out. I think it would've been genius to have Moira seduce Emma's son, and it drives her even more mad to the point that Moira concluded Emma killed John. 

Edited by Nothin'ButAttitude

• Members

I always thought they had a lot of potential as a couple. Unfortunately the way that it was done left a bad taste in my mouth. I also wonder if the show was afraid of upsetting Cain and Moira fans (it's alright for men to move on...women are stoned in the street). I wish they'd gone with that over the Leyla/Pete/Priya story, which has been rushed and poorly developed. It makes sense for Priya to act this way but it hasn't really been built up. Pete being made into a walking hardon has never made much sense to me. I will say Anthony Quinlan looks very good half-naked. 

Pete and Priya have no chemistry. None.

Pete and Leyla could have if it had been developed, but it wasn't. 

• Members

I don't think they even care to even develop anything consisting of Leyla as of late. She seems to get the scraps of everything. Priya too. Sad because I find those 2 to be the most endearing women on the canvas beside Laurel and Bernice, who barely gets anything too. 

I'm a Cain/Moira fan, but I was all for Pete/Moira for the time being. Especially, if it was tied to Emma unraveling and it revealing her secret. Emma going into a tizzy over Moira taking another man in her life (this time her son) would've been epic. I think the climax would've been good too. 

• Members

I'm wondering if my theory about Kasim remembering Emma pushing James off the bridge might have actually occurred if the actor chosen to play Kasim wasn't so poor. It would have made for a good storyline and might have hastened Emma's exit. I love Gillian Kearney but enough is enough.

Has Chrissie actually left already? And when is Laurence leaving? Mark Moraghan posted a pic on Instagram yesterday with his stunt double so I guess Tim is making one more appearance that's possibly tied into Lawrence's exit.

Edited by TimWil

• Members

Frankly I don't think anyone can live up to Tates, but the problem is they will keep trying. It has become almost like an obsession on this show, just like the plane crash has become this iconic incident which they try to replicate on a regular basis. For that reason I wouldn't be completely heartbroken if they, at the very least, rested Home Farm for a while. I don't think I would want them to get rid of it completely, since it is, together with the Woolpack, the only place left from the beginning.

• Members

It didn't really bother me, especially Arthur catching on. I do think the "Laurel goes crazy and can't prove it" stuff was a bit OTT and this part came too soon, although the actresses did their best.

Budget-wise I don't think the show can treat Home Farm the way it should be treated. It often feels hollow. The show also doesn't know how to write the melodramatic Dynasty-type stuff and hasn't in many years. Even families I liked, like the Wyldes, generally couldn't make that level of melodrama work.