Emmerdale: Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

My dream for Home Farm is that the Verney family would return to it. Next year it will be 40 years since they sold the estate, then known as Miffield Hall, to NY Estates after the death of George Verney.

I wish that they could bring back the Verney family now and have them reclaim their ancestral home. The perfect person would be Mark Proctor, the nephew of George Verney. He was on the show for a brief stint in 1973, then in his late teens. So he should be in his early sixties now, and could easily have a few children, and even grandchildren, to bring with him.

Mark Proctor (played by Geoffrey Burridge)

Please register in order to view this content

Edited by I Am A Swede

• Members

I never thought that Geoffrey Burridge would reprise his role, even though that would have been nice if he hadn't died so prematurely.

As for a recast, I really have no idea. But I'm certain the casting director would be able to find someone. There's usually no shortage of competent actors in the UK.  

ETA: I just had an idea about a possible recast: Anthony Andrews. I think there is enough resemblance between him and Geoffrey Burridge to make it work. I'm not sure he would do it though, It wouldn't have to be a regular role, just bring him in to introduce his children and grand-children and re-establish the family in the village.

Of course, I'm not sure anyone would care about any resemblance to the previous actor since the character was only on screen for a few weeks 44 years ago, and probably 95% (if not more) of those watching have no idea the Verney family ever existed.

Edited by I Am A Swede

• Members

Good for Danny! I just hope that they give him some lighthearted material for a while b/c I am over seeing Aaron brood and sob every 30 seconds. 

But the BSA's tonight were stellar. I am glad that ED cleaned house, but I got emotional watching John Middleton collect his awards b/c this will be the last time we see him on TV for awhile until he lands another project. I am happy that he went out in a blaze of glory.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I'll be surprised if they kill him off, although you never know. 

Some site claimed 4 more people are going. I'm not sure I believe it as a site can say anything. Lachlan and Pierce are likely going, so that would be 2 more we haven't heard about beyond them.

• Members

I know it was wrong of me, but i have to admit I enjoyed Paddy making a fool of himself by storming into Pierce's office and hitting him. I hate that they're trying to use this story to push Paddy and Rhona back together. With the exception of the Dingle clan Paddy is my least favourite character on the show nowadays. I wish they would write him out.

On another note. Today 39 years ago, June 29th 1978 (which coincidentally also was a Thursday), in episode 460, Matt Skilbeck and Dolly Acaster were married. Joe Sugden was best man, and Amos Brearly gave the bride away.  

Edited by I Am A Swede

• Members

I hope that Arthur discovering the footage of Emma and Ashley isn't the beginning of the end for Emma, but I fear it might be. Crimes have gone unpunished on this show before though, and Gillian Kearney is so fascinating to watch that it would be a shame to lose her.