Emmerdale: Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Ha! I love Sandy, bellowing and all.

Now that it's over, do we think Edna was missed from this storyline? I'd say not - but think she would have been a great 'outraged parishioner' component of the upcoming Cain/Harriet scandal...

• Members

Why do you think so? I adored Edna, and really enjoyed her relationship with Ashley and thought it would have been poignant to see her watch him deteriorate. But I feel that the extended Thomas clan covered all those bases in the end. 

I do think that Edna's role in the village community is still vacant, though. But I don't want an identikit replacement to show up, either. It would need to happen organically. 

• Members

Yes, I watched it, and as I expected it was a tear-jerker. Charlotte Bellamy was great, as she always is. I hope that the people in charge realize what a gem they have in her and don't sideline her now that Ashley is gone. Frankly she is one of the few things that entices me to keep watching.

I would also love it if they could/would give Bernice something substantial to do. Samantha Giles is so underutilized.

On another note I would like to offer my opinion on the Cain/Harriet development.....

• Members

So I guess Gabby is being written out so the actress can focus on school? I wonder where this leaves Jacob.

I have a feeling Ross' blackmailing Robert signals the beginning of an exit storyline. A Who Killed Ross? summer storyline, perhaps?

• Members

Speaking of Gabi, I so forgot that she had a younger sister and Bernice had a younger daughter. 

And they better NOT kill my Ross! This show has too much doom and gloom at the moment. If Michael Parr is leaving, just have Ross leave town. We don't need yet another Barton death. That poor family gets killed off more than anyone.