Emmerdale: Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Yes, although that's Emmerdale much of the time in recent years. It's hard to believe now that for a number of years various characters lived in Leeds and were shown there. 

The show has decided to ignore that Chrissie was independently wealthy when she arrived on the show.

I did enjoy Eric peeping in and seeing that woman in her towel though. Good fun.

• Members

What era was that, DRW50? Did certain characters live in Leeds and work in the village? You'd think that some characters would do the opposite - live in the village but work in Leeds.

Also, what happened to Chrissie's "chain of hair salons"? Have they vanished? 

• Members

They were always offcamera (the hair salons) and in the last few years they have been forgotten entirely, complete with last year having Lawrence give Chrissie mad money to spend on projects. They seem to have rewritten the family history to make Chrissie and Rebecca warring daddy's girls. 

Rachel Hughes, Joe Sugden's stepdaughter, attended uni and lived in Leeds from 1991-1993. At one point her unstable ex-boyfriend moved there to spy on her. 

• Members

Brenda is the best bit part on any soap. I live for her 3 lines every few days where she manages to be nosy within three words. The actress can do so much with one little look. She loves the gossip but deep down she cares, that's what I like about her.
They're doing a good job with Aaron's prison storyline. I must say I don't even remember what he's inside for but it's very raw.

• Members

Charlotte Bellamy has been putting in such exquisite work. What a sad, beautiful story.

I really love the actress who plays Rebecca. She has such a unique look and her voice/accent, especially, is so wonderfully distinct. It made me think about Bell saying he hired Diana Barton after he heard her speak -- I think he would have loved her. That being said, I've spent episode upon episode upon episode trying to figure out who she reminds me of or where I know her from, but couldn't do it until I realized -- Chloë Sevigny, of course!

• Members

Ever since she arrived she reminds me constantly of Tracy-Ann Oberman-the face and especially the voice! The accent is identical. She'd make a fabulous baby sister for, ironically, Chrissie on EastEnders.

This Rhona-Pierce-Vanessa storyline is turning into 88 shades of tiresome. I did like it when Vanessa sniped "No wonder Tess left you to be with Paddy." It would explain why Tess would have been so unhappy with a hunk o' spunk like Pierce to end up in bed with...Paddy.

• Members

The episode in which Jason psychologically tortured Aaron in Gordon's old cell and then Aaron met the hilarious Father Aidan was phenomenal. Top notch soap opera, and should be up for at the very least directing awards. The whole thing was wonderfully shot.