Emmerdale: Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

No. I mean she finally wakes up and presumably stops acting like a dumb twat. 

I think the story has made her look awful but if they let her move on and maybe address this behavior (good luck with that...) I can get past it. I've gotten over enough from other characters (especially Cain, who spent years murdering people's pets), although the compo stuff was just terrible and embarrassing writing.

• Members

I think Pierce was always supposed to be bad. Tess used to talk about how controlling he was. He was very manipulative early on and scared Vanessa. I feel like Iain Macleod stretched the story out so we'd be more shocked at what he did. 

I don't mind the idea in terms of exploring Rhona's struggle, but yes, knowing it's likely for more Paddy/Rhona (a pairing I have never liked) is disappointed and misogynist. As is Lisa's quasi-reunion with Zak, although I don't really know how that could have been resolved any other way. Kate Oates should be ashamed for their breakup, especially the way it was done.

• Members

@I Am A Swede It is infuriating. I hate that Pierce has to be trashed so Rhona/Paddy can be slapped back together at the end of the day. IMO, they should've just reunited them after the crash if that's what they wanted. 

@DRW50 But I didn't take what Tess said as truth ... not after I saw Pierce appear onscreen. 

Please register in order to view this content

Like I've said her numerous times, Pierce should've been a panty dropping lothario, who plowed through all the women in village. We need that sexy playboy-like character on the show. Pierce could've been it! Oh and don't get me started on Lisa/Zak. I find Lisa taking him back and yearning for him insulting.