EastEnders: Discussion Thread

A little boring with all those mangy children.

The problem of this show, and one of the reasons why I think people hate Zsa Zsa, is that children and younger teenagers are just décor on this show. Nothing else. They don't know how to successfully weave them into the show's canvas.

Edited by Sylph

• Replies 7.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate Zsa Zsa because the actress sucks, the character is flat in characterization, shares no purposeful bond with anyone on the show, and over the last few months, shoved down our throats for no apparent reason at all.

That said, teens have traditionally played a very limited role on this show, and really, I think it should stay that way...

Sylph, that's very true, the teens are mostly about image. But it's been true of the show for the past few years overall -- Whitney, Christian, Syed, Ryan, Jack, they're a mile wide and an inch deep. I think one of the reasons they relied so much on returns is because they could use past history because they didn't create that much history themselves.

There are some photos of Jodie up at Walford Web. She looks very nice, although her skirt looks like a toilet seat made by Iola Boylin.

I hate Zsa Zsa because the actress sucks, the character is flat in characterization, shares no purposeful bond with anyone on the show, and over the last few months, shoved down our throats for no apparent reason at all.

That said, teens have traditionally played a very limited role on this show, and really, I think it should stay that way...

Don't forget that Emer Kenny looks too old to be a teen. They only brought her in to try to be "edgy" and because that's the cliched entrance scene for young women on the show. They never gave a reason to care. It would have helped if she didn't have marbles in her mouth.

Edited by CarlD2

So, I looked through some of the Chryed thread at Digital Spy earlier today and one unconfirmed spoiler claims

in July, Syed insists he has been cured and he still wants to be with Amira.

Some of the fans went a few days ago to the studio where Eastenders tapes and they said they saw

the actor who plays Qadim.

Yes, but so is everyone else on the show. https://boards.soapoperanetwork.com/uploads/emoticons/default_laugh.png

Phil told Ben to defend himself, and Ben's solution was putting Jordan into a temporary coma, though he's regretful.

I loved that he was being bullied (and chased through the square) by a pack of girls! ROFL. And his torture of his little sister with burning metal spoons and locking her in sheds all day was just hillarious because of what a horrible actor that kid is. His "angry" face is somewhere between The Hulk, and someone undergoing a brain aneurysm.

I cannot stand Lucas. My fear is this prostitute murder reshoot will extend his stay.

Well, watched my first ever full EastEnders episode.

A little boring with all those mangy children. Why are Lauren and Lucy like two feet shorter than everyone else? LoL Them kids are the snoozers. I did like that old guy getting one up on them though. But, from what I've seen, I've always hated that old butch cow that was yelling at him and today definitely didn't make me feel any different. Not to mention she was defending Ben's father, who, from what I've read, is basically EE's Todd Manning. Ugh. Also, I don't buy for a SECOND that Ben could ever beat up Lucas. Not in a million years.

Getting that out of the way, this Kim chick was hilar! Love her. Chelsea (I think that's her name) looked gorgeous today.

Darren was cute. He's my favourite so far.

The kids do suck.

The old guy is Ian Beale, who's the square whinny bitch. And AS IF you hate Shirley! Or Phil. Well, he's definitely not Todd Manning atleast.

You need to go back and watch episodes from about 2 weeks ago to see Ben torturing his littler sister. Hillarious.

She didn't have much to do in her first episode, but I think there's lots more to come on the bitchy front. She's stirred my interest thus far though. I though she had a good entrance when she rode in. https://boards.soapoperanetwork.com/uploads/emoticons/default_laugh.png

The only thing it was lacking was this music:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXV2u6pXA_g

Seriously, it is so weird seeing Tanya Turner (or whatever they want to pretend to call her) on EE. It might help if Zoe Lucker wasnt playing this part with every mannerism she used to play Tanya, but through all her scenes it just felt weird. Like ... "what is she doing in this [[email protected]#$%^&*] part of town?" That said, I'll take Tanya in whatever form I can get!

Samantha Michell is returning again per News Of The World, possibly for Peggy's or Minty's exit, I assume, if true.

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/showbiz/soaps/838291/Daniellas-returning-to-Albert-Squareagain.html

Daniella's returning to Albert Square...again

By Tom Latchem, 06/06/2010

EASTENDERS bosses are secretly bringing back Daniella Westbrook... again.

Daniella will return as Sam Mitchell in a ratings-busting plotline to reintroduce the Mitchell empire to the soap.

The actress, 35, is due to film scenes this month, with episodes aired later this year in an explosive plot.

Daniella, who also proved popular in Dancing on Ice, left Albert Square at Christmas after coming back for four months for the show's 25th anniversary.

A BBC insider said: "It's a great comeback for her. She proved really popular with viewers and producers soon realised they should get her back for more."

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner

Is it wrong to say that my favourite Sam was Kim Medcalf? :unsure:

Apparently, it's still unconfirmed whether or not Sam is returning, but we'll see...

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner

Is it wrong to say that my favourite Sam was Kim Medcalf? https://boards.soapoperanetwork.com/uploads/emoticons/default_unsure.png

Apparently, it's still unconfirmed whether or not Sam is returning, but we'll see...

Not at all wrong. A lot of people would agree with you -- there was a very bitter fan war over that on several forums.

I think Sam has often been a pointless/vapid character no matter who plays her, but I liked both Kim and Daniella. I thought the writing for Daniella Westbrook last time around was very one-dimensional and humiliating, the way she dressed and how she kept changing personality and motivation. If they had done more with her, and dropped the pointless engagement to Ricky which was never developed and was a bad plot device, she might have been better.

When they had a special on her return I could have sworn they implied she was Archie's daughter, but then that never went anywhere.

If she does come back, which I'm not too sure of (her exit seemed very final), it would probably just be for Peggy's exit, and Minty's.

Edited by CarlD2

Westbrook reprises 'EastEnders' role

Actress Danniella Westbrook will once again return to EastEnders as Sam Mitchell, Digital Spy can confirm.

The 36-year-old - who recently finished fourth in this year's series of Dancing On Ice - makes her comeback in the summer for a handful of episodes.

Little is known about the circumstances surrounding Sam's reappearance in Walford, other than that she is released from prison harbouring grudges and "a big secret".

It is thought her return will coincide with Barbara Windsor's departure as Peggy Mitchell, after 15 years in the role.

Executive producer Bryan Kirkwood this afternoon told Digital Spy: "When Sam Mitchell is in Albert Square, trouble is never far behind. We last saw her heading for a stretch in prison and ostracised by her family. When she returns on her release, it's with a lot of grudges and a big secret."

He continued: "Danniella brings a lot of fun and mischief to the role of Sam and I'm looking forward to having her back where she belongs."

Westbrook reprised her role as Sam in April last year. On screen, the Mitchells attempted to hide her from the police but the law quickly caught up with her when she was arrested for trying to flee the country again.

While rekindling her romance with Ricky, Sam also had an affair with Jack Branning. She then became embroiled with Archie, who convinced her to skip bail and ultimately cause the Mitchells to lose The Vic.

She made a surprise return on Christmas Day ahead of Archie's murder and quickly became a suspect. However, on hearing her mother Peggy and brother Phil's plan to use her as a scapegoat, Sam turned herself in to the police.

In a final showdown with her mother, Sam rejected her mother and made it clear that she had no interest in the Mitchell name.

The kids do suck.

The old guy is Ian Beale, who's the square whinny bitch. And AS IF you hate Shirley! Or Phil. Well, he's definitely not Todd Manning atleast.

You need to go back and watch episodes from about 2 weeks ago to see Ben torturing his littler sister. Hillarious.

How could I not hate Shirley and Phil. They're the epitome of what a loser represents. Especially Phil, ugh.