EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EastEnders spoiler: Ben continues to get close to Luke unaware his dad raped mum Kathy

BEN Mitchell is still getting close to Luke, unaware he is the son of his mum’s rapist James Willmott-Brown.

facebook.png  
  twitter.png  
  googleplus.png  
  comments.png  
  share.png  
By Susie Hill / 

EastEndersBBC

AWKWARD: Ben has been getting to close to Luke, the son of his mother's rapist

During last week’s episodes Luke took a shine to mechanic Ben after taking his car along to The Arches for some work.

It turned out to be more than just his car that got serviced as the pair enjoyed a sizzling night together.

But with Luke’s family currently plotting to take down Albert Square and his dad wanting revenge on Ben’s mum Kathy Beale, this is one romance that is doomed from the start. 

EastEnders: Ben and Luke share a passionate kiss

Bosses won’t say whether Luke knows about Ben’s connection to Kathy, but with his mum having been raped before he was born it’s unlikely that the Mitchell lad knows what she went through.

James has told brother-in-law Hugo, sons Luke and Josh and sister Sophie that Kathy made up the allegation and together they have been plotting the ultimate revenge.

An EastEnders insider said: “Luke meets Ben by chance.

"They hit it off straight away and one thing leads to another. 

EastEndersBBC

ROMANCE: Ben and Luke enjoyed a sizzling night together after sharing a kiss in the Archers

“Whether Luke knows who Ben is remains to be seen but his feelings appear genuine. So it would come as a huge blow if he was to discover that Ben was Kathy’s son.

"He’d then have to think about where his loyalties lie.

“Viewers will start to see that not all his family members know exactly what is going on.

James Willmott-Brown

Edited by victoria foxton

• Members

Well EE and Neighbours are better than Days, but I think I'm enjoying the novelty of Days at the moment.

Having said that, I'm probably going to give up EE soon seeing as it wants to get rid of all its good characters. John Yorke clearly doesn't understand EastEnders, don't care about his sh*tty golden eras in the past, I care about the current characters, well the good ones that the EE team seem so keen to get rid of. Derek will be the next to go for sure. Lets wipe any homosexual aspect of the show shall we. **seholes.

• Members

I'm glad I was too lazy to reply to this until now as I would have said I was looking forward to and interested in the Ben and Luke relationship. Now I know that will go nowhere so I don't have to bother. 

I find the idea of Kathy's rape story (if any of you haven't seen it I hope you find a way as it was superb) being used for shock value to be distasteful and the idea of her rapist being yet another generic Gavin type to be distasteful. And it will likely just end in more nonsense and tabloid melodrama. 

I've read that more characters are being written out, quite a few by some estimates...I assume Max will go, and probably Jay and Jane. And I can't see myself bothering to watch much longer if the characters I enjoy keep going. 

I think writing out Ben, especially after he's had a lengthy period of rest and was ready for new, big material, is a very stupid idea, and counterproductive, especially when the show consistently fails at bringing in new characters. In spite of everything I'd grown to like Ben a lot, which is more than I can say for 90% of the cast at present. 

Clearly that doesn't matter because we need more, more, more Mick, Ian, Phil, and rapist supervillains. 

• Members

I do fear that poor Jay is the next to go too. It is obvious Max is on limited time via the writing. I've been ready for Jane's ass to meet her maker since she threw Lucy's body out like trash. 

Writing Ben out at this point is the best thing to do IMO. No writer seems to write anything about him except for coming to Phil's aid. Ben has not had a personal life since Paul died, and even their love story was cut short b/c they wanted him with Abi.

Besides those 3 you mentioned, you see anyone else being cut?

• Members

Why should he be fired instead of the writers though? They should get in writers who are interested in writing gay characters and writing for Ben. He's a brilliant character.

At this point I honestly wouldn't be surprised by anyone who gets axed. I could see Phil or Ian going. Getting rid of Phil wouldn't be a bad idea.

• Members

Well that's the thing with Ben - he actually has had a bit more of his own life (even if it was on the backburner) this year, rather than be all about Phil. And this is when they choose to write him out. 

I'd guess there will be some new characters who go - the old couple (the Murrays), probably a few Carters (not Mick or Linda, sadly). I wouldn't be surprised to see Robbie Jackson go either. Or Donna.