Toups

EastEnders: Discussion Thread

25 minutes ago, cassadine1991 said:

The Branning and Mitchell families also had incest storylines

maybe it's a British or European thing?

3 hours ago, Vee said:

That doesn't make the story or family any good.

So agree. If anything, this story turns me off from them even more. Bad enough that they have Keegan being an immoral mess. Now we have to grit our teeth and watch his equally immoral family engage in this weird story. 

I feel like SOC simply created this family for shock value, and there is nothing endearing about them. Not one thing...

11 hours ago, cassadine1991 said:

The Branning and Mitchell families also had incest storylines

Remember when Dennis and Sharon being together was considered an incest storyline? They weren't related by blood at all and didn't grow up together so it most certainly wasn't.

Dennis and Sharon were established characters and interesting.

4 hours ago, TimWil said:

Remember when Dennis and Sharon being together was considered an incest storyline? They weren't related by blood at all and didn't grow up together so it most certainly wasn't.

1 hour ago, Vee said:

Dennis and Sharon were established characters and interesting.

Valid points. 

It's just gross when folks on these shows hookup. I didn't like Joey/Lauren (as blood cousins) hooking up. I think it is gross when the Dingles do it on ED. I hated Jonathan and Tammy on GL hooking up. There are too many characters on the canvas for them to result to incest. Yes, it is true to life, but I just don't wanna see that. It's weird. 

3 hours ago, Edward Skylover said:

It hasn't even been confirmed as an incest storyline yet has it?

I don't think so, but it is heavily speculated, and given EE's history, I wouldn't put it past them. 

Didn't mind Joey/Lauren and Sharon/Dennis.

I honestly don't see EE running an incest story between siblings (that know they're related). The cliffhanger was misleading on Friday but I don't see it happening. Media beat up as per usual.

Edited by Edward Skylover

On another board there's speculation that Max actually gave Roxy the drugs, indirectly causing both her and Ronnie's deaths. That possibility had crossed my mind recently. It would explain why he rushed to her hotel room and hid the drugs-he might not have been  protecting her (as we'd thought), he might have been protecting HIMSELF. It's definitely possible.

Edited by TimWil

5 minutes ago, TimWil said:

On another board there's speculation that Max actually gave Roxy the drugs, indirectly causing both her and Ronnie's deaths. That possibility had crossed my mind recently. It would explain why he rushed to her hotel room and hid the drugs-he might not have been  protecting her (as we'd thought), he might have been protecting HIMSELF. It's definitely possible.

The sad part is I can't even care anymore. If they are that desperate, whatever.