EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

SOC has claimed that Kathy will finally feature in a big storyline later this year. Any ideas what it could be?

I'd like it to be something to do with wherever the hell she and Gavin lived when they fled from South Africa after faking their deaths in 2006. Surely they weren't in just Spain--yawn.

I also wouldn't mind it if, after Walford Towers is demolished, human bones are discovered and they turn out to be the remains of Kathy's rapist, the one who fathered Donna. Maybe Kathy's brother Ted murdered him? Or Ted Murray, who harbored a quiet obsession with Kathy? She only once spoke about her rapist once and claimed he was a random stranger but maybe he wasn't? 

• Members

Diane Parish is doing great with her material but I don't like the story much. I did like how Cora was tied into it though.

Was nice to see Pam. Weird how there are so many minor guest characters like Michelle's work colleagues, staff at the food bank, an old age GCSE student, the woman running Slimming club and the people who go there and the welfare office people.

Edited by Edward Skylover

• Members

I'm surprised how much I like them. I'm finding them really entertaining. I guess their redeeming qualities will come out soon. Loved my poor Sharon getting socked one

Please register in order to view this content

And Stacey getting involved  

• Members

OK... How is Keegan attached to this trashy ass family? 

Please register in order to view this content

I would've been all for the fanfare I've been seeing online that he was some stray that Denise would take in, or even being Daphne's (Denise/Kim sister) child that they didn't know about even though that would be farfetched. 

I guess I'll sit back and see where this goes.

• Members

He's the son of the vile mother. 

They also had him lie that he had sex with Louise while drunk. When she finally got over her shame enough to realize this was rape, he admitted that he was lying because he likes her and wanted people to think they'd slept together. 

I assume this means with the way the stories for Bex were written that Louise will apologize to him and they will end up dating and we will be awed...

• Members

That's f-cking disturbing if they allowed Louise to date him after that, but I would not be surprised. EE has done some bizarre mess these past five years, so this wouldn't be a stretch. So sad how all the women of all age groups on this show are written. It's disgusting at this point. None of them have self-worth. 

• Members

You should have seen that vile pig of a woman punch Sharon for daring to be upset about Louise being raped, as viewers were invited to laugh and cheer. It's such amazingly cynical writing and producing as we are invited to simultaneously jeer at this family while also feeling morally superior to them and wanting them to improve so they can be at our level. It's the ultimate in classism, like much of EE today.