EastEnders: Discussion Thread

• Replies 8.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Well, well, well. Ann Mitchell is returning as Cora for an indeterminate period of time. I hope this shuts down those bozos at those other message boards who insisted Cora was never returning. Never say never about returning characters with shows like EE. If you do you really don't have a clue how these shows work.

• Members

I think it's a shame Preston is being written as a little twerp but on the other hand I think it's realistic, as a teenage boy he probably would throw his toys out of the pram when he didn't get his own way and not be able to have an adult relationship. It's like he doesn't understand Michelle's woes but Michelle doesn't help matters giving into temptation the way she does. Still fascinating though. Michelle is my favourite character now.

• Members

Preston's American accent is getting worse somehow?

Why is Michelle always wearing that overcoat? It's almost like they want to make the actress come across as unattractive. Not that she is...she just seems like the "before" in a makeover show. And she is so cold that I can't imagine her having sex or any teenage boy wanting to have sex with her. Much less actively pursuing her.

I like the actress playing Bex a lot. Why did they speed this story up so much? It would at least be more interesting if Michelle and Preston were having an active affair while he was dating Bex but as it is they only made it official that day.

• Members

I think the reveal of Michelle and Preston would have been better without adding Bex. It detracts from the story somehow. I also feel like the writing is devoid of a lot of emotion. I like the idea of the storyline and am still enjoying it but I think the writing could be a lot better for it.

ETA: For goodness sake and they threw that car crash in right at the end! Totally unneeded!

Edited by Edward Skylover

This story has ruined Michelle. In a moment of cougar madness she might have killed 3 people.

Please register in order to view this content

Susan Tully was right not to come back to this.

Three EastEnders characters possibly dead as Michelle Fowler crashes car into Beales' after Preston affair exposed

Kush Kazemi and Cathy Beale's lives hang in the balance

Edited by victoria foxton

• Members

It was all flat. You could see the strings - it was supposed to be very clever that they were with the same man, they'd find out in the Vic, of course Martin would beat him up, and then the hilarious crash that seemed like something from many years ago, like one of those old syndicated shows from the late '80s. Michelle's pleading and whining was embarrassing - I felt so embarrassed when she was cowering. That was NOT Michelle. James Bye as Martin salvaged the only parts that were worth salvaging, when he told Michelle how ashamed he was of her. Jenna Russell was good in that scene and in the pilled out moments near the end but it was all just trash. Sadly the ratings will likely be good so they will keep going to this well of trash.

Denise/Kush and Sylvie/Tina were a lot better. 

• Members

Ooo Lord. Thank God I am taking a break from this show. From reading these comments, this drivel sounds horrid. 

So Michelle possibly killed 3 people over teenaged d-ck? 

Please register in order to view this content

If this is all they had planned for Michelle, the should've left the character off the canvas forever. 

Poor Michelle. The character can't get a good comeback story. Vicki, her daughter, had crappy stories in the 00s. Mark, her son, was the scion of EE's biggest secret and it fell flat. The Fowlers should've never been brought back.