Toups

EastEnders: Discussion Thread

59 minutes ago, Edward Skylover said:

Probably a good thing if she's being written out of character because online videos make original Michelle seem the WORST.

Nah.

I really loved the mom theme of Thursday's first episode -- Carmel telling Shakil all she does every morning, Shirley and Tina dealing with the type of mother Sylvie and Shirley were/are, Lauren admitting motherhood is a little boring and then blushing like a little girl when Max almost walked in on her sex talk, Sharon spoiling Dennis... Very interesting.

11 hours ago, YRBB said:

I really loved the mom theme of Thursday's first episode -- Carmel telling Shakil all she does every morning, Shirley and Tina dealing with the type of mother Sylvie and Shirley were/are, Lauren admitting motherhood is a little boring and then blushing like a little girl when Max almost walked in on her sex talk, Sharon spoiling Dennis... Very interesting.

You mean Michelle? Dennis was blackmailing her. 

The scenes with Tina, Sylvie and Shirley were very strong. It gets no credit but Tina's story has actually been the strongest part of EE for the last year. 

Bex is the one good thing this past week. The actress is capable and I could see her become an important EastEnders character in the future. I'm glad she finally told the school about those two bullies.
Linda & Mick can go now, I don't see how they fit in anymore, too much of a case of 'past producer's pets.' Two episodes in a row ending with Mick throwing a tantrum and crying out? I'd keep Tina and let Johnny have a fling with Steven before writing him off.

40 minutes ago, InLoveWithSoaps said:

Bex is the one good thing this past week. The actress is capable and I could see her become an important EastEnders character in the future. I'm glad she finally told the school about those two bullies.
Linda & Mick can go now, I don't see how they fit in anymore, too much of a case of 'past producer's pets.' Two episodes in a row ending with Mick throwing a tantrum and crying out? I'd keep Tina and let Johnny have a fling with Steven before writing him off.

To me the Tina stuff was the best of the week. Bex's dilemma makes me feel sorry for her but the other characters involved are unwatchable.

Bex is not enough to make the teen story - which feels more hamfisted and out of place than any youth storyline I can remember over a number of years of admittedly-fitful viewing - any more watchable.

4 hours ago, Vee said:

Bex is not enough to make the teen story - which feels more hamfisted and out of place than any youth storyline I can remember over a number of years of admittedly-fitful viewing - any more watchable.

Agreed, it's pretty terrible. I'll take it over the Michael Moon era though. Nice to see Star again.

EMOTIONAL ROLLER COASTER

EastEnders viewers emotions DESTROYED as Ben Mitchell and Johnny Carter bed each other but then decide to remain just friends

Fans of the BBC One soap didn't like having their emotions toyed with

35 minutes ago, OLTL #1 fan said:

wish they'd make Steven gay again

He should have an affair with Johnny. I doubt the show will do it though. It's very clear the show now sees gay characters as supporting only.