Coronation Street: Discussion Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

The Becky/Steve reunion and the subsequent catfight with Michelle were great fun! The actress who plays Becky is just PHENOMENAL. Not sure how I feel about Ben/Sophie's Christianhood storyline yet, hope it turns out OK. And I'm loving Julie's dilemma.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Someone put up a bunch of full episodes from late January to the present over at YT, so hopefully these stay on for a while before Granada makes them delete.

I think I like Sally Webster. She has some good sense in her, but she's not a snooty bitch about it. I'm shocked that I've been enjoying Gail, too. I'm so used to rolling my eyes at her.

• Members

The Webster family dynamics have been really good. I like them, but I don't know what's going on with Sophie. In the last episode I watched (first episode from January 26), there was some stuff with her and some towel, and apparently some hot guy used it to dry off or something.

The Windasses are a pain in the ass, especially the obnoxious dad. I could so do without him.

Maria is nuts, but I'm loving every second of it! Did Tony really kill Liam and Jed? I think I read that Jed returns soon, so Maria's obviously jumping to conclusions there.

• Members

Sophie's desperate for attention from her family, but I don't think she ever really had any romantic relationships with men. Not yet. She's done several things to try to make her family notice her. Last year she sent herself threatening letters when Rosie was missing. After Kevin and Sally were near their breaking point, she admitted she'd written them herself.

Tony did kill Liam. He paid a man to run Liam down because of Liam's relationship with Tony's fiancee, Carla. Tony didn't know Maria was pregnant, if he had I don't think he would have killed Liam. Tony kept trying to get Jed thrown out of his home, Jed refused, finally Jed had a stroke and when he was sent to the hospital, Tony took his home. Jed was found in the hospital by Emily Bishop, whom he knew from when they both lived on the Street in the 60s. He went to stay at her place. He was constantly harassing Tony, and then he saw Tony meeting with the man who had killed Liam. He began blackmailing Tony. Finally, on Christmas Eve, Tony snapped and strangled Jed with lingerie. This was in the knicker factory. He had to stuff his body in a hamper, as the workers were returning. They had their Christmas party and danced around the hamper, not knowing he was inside. The next morning, Tony was surprised to see Jed was still alive, and he paid him to leave town.

If anyone wants to see some on-set diaries from the woman who plays Kirk's girlfriend Julie.

http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/a149493/ka...gh-day-one.html

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I lost some interest after the Becky/Steve wedding shambles, and all the time Michelle and Liz treated her like trash. Apparently Liz is gone for a while. I'm sorry Beverly Callard is having problems, but I don't care for Liz. I'd much rather see Steve's twin Andy return.

The Maria/Tony story is too plot-driven for me. Quite a bit of the show is plot-driven. I think they do best when focusing on characterization.

The work from everyone in the fallout of Colin's secrets being revealed was brilliant, especially Sue Cleaver (Eileen).

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Do the rumors regarding Bruno Langley (Todd) returning have any truth to them at all? When I heard about it, I decided to finally sit down and watch the whole Todd Is Gay!! storyline, and wow...just some very good stuff. Todd was very sympathetic in the beginning when it was just him, Sarah-Lou, and Nick, but he got to be sort of an ass once Karl came into the picture. I can understand why Karl was attracted to him, but at the same time, he deserved better than conflicted, confused Todd. Great story, though.

If he does indeed come back, I hope to God they don't put him with Sean. I like Sean, but I don't see them working together at all.

I lost track a few weeks ago. I had been watching episodes from March, but I decided I'll just pick up with last week's episodes and try to keep up that way. I know I probably missed most of Stephanie Beacham's storyline, which I was loving. What all happened there? And what's going on with Eileen's dad?

• Members

The rumors about Todd returning for a longer visit started after his well-received return in October 2007. The producer at the time left, and the new producer, Kim Crowther, doesn't seem to have any strong interest in the Grimshaw family, or gay characters (Sean is window dressing). I'll be surprised if Todd comes back. Happy, but surprised. Right now all the British soaps are at a low ebb in solid gay characters. Another problem is Corrie is having budget cuts, like all the other soaps, and Bruno probably comes with a good price tag. If they do bring him back I'd like to see him with Sean's ex, Marcus, who was adorable.

Ken eventually told Martha he was married. She was angry, but they couldn't stay away from each other, and she asked him to sail away with her. He planned to leave, and told Deirdre he was leaving. He left a note, and off he went...but he couldn't go through with it. He returned to the flat, and Deirdre, probably because she and Ken haven't had any actual love for each other in a long time (I would say never), took him back. Blanche was very angry at Deirdre's weakness and moved in with Peter and his little boy Simon.

Colin and Rita were engaged to be married. Then Julie's mother, Eileen's school friend, came to visit Julie. She finally broke down and told everyone in the pub that Colin had had sex with her when she was only about 14, and Julie was their child. Eileen bitterly turned against Julie, her mother, and Colin, and Rita broke up with Colin. Colin had a stroke. Julie, who never knew about him, tried to make a relationship with him, but her mother called the police to report Colin for what he'd done. When the cops showed up, Eileen went to the door. By the time she took them to his room, he had died of another stroke.

Complicating matters is that a few days before the big reveal, Julie and Eileen's son Jason almost had sex.

• 3 weeks later...