Coronation Street: Discussion Thread

• Members

I found Toyah breaking down outside the consultant's office and Peter finding her very touching.

gZ38wJb.png?1

jZHChqL.png?1

Meanwhile, Michelle's "acting" is as annoying and grating as ever.

dFIEJ4S.png?1

There's something very fun about Liz dealing with the weird boss.

Edited by YRBB

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

That breaks my heart. I really, really hope it's not that. We've just had that, in a major way, by the same producer and I don't like older, legendary characters being disposed of via such illness. It's ageist and it feels like it's done so they can be written out (because that's always what it leads to) without causing too much of an uproar. Ugh. I'm hoping it's some bad reaction to medication or she's a drunk or whatever. Rita's presence is comforting, a link to the glorious past, and as far as we know, the actress is still capable and willing. I still miss Emily. I really don't want to see Rita end that way and off the show.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

She is?

Damn. She wasn't really gone that long, but welcome back. As long as Carla isn't returning a depressed drip that she became the last few years she was on the show then I am thrilled for her return. 

Also, they better NOT toss her back into Peter's orbit. Even though I like Chris Gascoyne as an actor, Peter sucks the life out of all his female counterparts. 

Is it bad that I do wish that Carla would come back with a baby (or babies--twins) that were Nick's? 

Please register in order to view this content

I loved Nick/Carla and wish that she'd pop up with a seed or two of his with Gail breathing down her neck about it. 

• Members

I agree that she'd better not be placed into Peter's orbit although I have a sneaking suspicion that she'll be landlady of the Rovers pretty soon after her return. I think Georgia Taylor may have only signed a one year contract and she'll be going around Christmas.

• Members

If so, then how sad - the return has done nothing but tarnish Toyah's legacy on the show.

I have no real interest in seeing Carla again, especially if it is going to be about Michelle, an unwatchable, unlikeable, failed character. And I'd rather watch Fiz buy a vibrator than ever see Carla with Peter again.

• Members

He does look better with a beard.

I'm guessing Carla will be on an "opposing side" from Michelle over Robert. Had forgotten she'd slept with Robert early last year when she found out Johnny was her father. It wouldn't be right time-wise for her to show up with his baby, would it? She'd have been at least five months pregnant when she left Weatherfield.

Edited by TimWil