Coronation Street: Discussion Thread

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I recently had the great pleasure of meeting Sally Dynevor and her daughter Phoebe for coffee here in NYC. Phoebe has been here shooting several episodes of a NY based television series I'm not sure I'm at liberty to mention.

Sally could not be a nicer lady. I knew better than to ask her about storylines. We did talk about my first time ever seeing her on TV, which happened to be Phil Donahue's talk show around 1985 (?), probably to promote its all-too-brief broadcast on the USA network-it was USA. right? Donahue was actually broadcast from Manchester and I remember how even never having seen Coronation Street equating it with Cheers was silly. Coronation Street was obviously a soap and Cheers was a sitcom. Sally reminded me that Woody Harrelson was even there at the Manchester studio for Donahue. I loved being able to tell her how much I loved Sally and Tim as a couple. Sally had nothing but praise for Joe Duttine-she's extremely happy with the relationship that's been developed between their characters. And it's obvious she still loves working on the show.

Edited by TimWil

• 2 weeks later...

Coronation Street set EVACUATED in shock emergency - cast and crews rushed off cobbles

The set, in Manchester, has been cleared of cast and crew due to a mysterious emergency

Topic--Coronation-Street-logo.jpg
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Get Soaps updates directly to your inbox

The Coronation Street set has been cleared in a shock emergency.

Cast and crew were forced to flee the set, in Media City, Trafford, and insiders said the area is a no go zone.

It is believed actors were still shooting scenes when the alarm sounded.

A source told Mirror Online the incident "felt serious."

But a press officer for the soap disagreed with our insider, who works in the area, saying the fire alarm was "all over in three minutes" and was so minor that the fire brigade did not attend.

PROD-Coronation-Street.jpg
Rovers Return Inn 
Coronation-Street.jpg
'Coronation Street' TV - 2006 - Rovers Return and view down street. 

The Coronation street set moved to its new site in Media City, Manchester in 2013.

The brand new cobbles were rebuilt across the site brick for brick.

The new set is based at Salford Quays close to the BBC's HQ and this is the fifth interpretation of the celebrated street.

Edited by victoria foxton

• Members

Just like cancer, it spreads....

Please register in order to view this content

Aidan having a secret while Eva has a secret too and Adam blackmailing them both separately and secretly is so much fun!

Edited by YRBB

Coronation Street's most prolific writer has passed away

Tributes have been paid to Corrie "story genius" Peter Whalley

0:20
/
0:30

IS NICOLA THE SECRET DAUGHTER OF CORRIE'S PHELAN?

•  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Get Daily updates directly to youCoronation Street’s most prolific writer has passed away.

“Story genius” Peter Whalley was at the heart of the ITV1 soap having written 600 episodes, more than any other writer in the show’s history.

He was a member of the Corrie writing team for 35 years before retiring in 2013. In 2009 he was presented with a Lifetime Achievement award at the 2009 British Soap Awards.

Coronation Street executive producer Kieran Roberts today paid tribute to Peter. He said: “Peter was not just a prolific and brilliant writer, he was also an invaluable source of great ideas and equally great wisdom in our story conferences.

“Everyone who knew Peter will also remember the lovely man behind the great writing talent.”

One of Peter’s final scenes was a dramatic fight between twisted builder Pat Phelan and Gary Windass during which Gary hit Phelan over the head with a plank of wood and knocked him unconscious.

Peter-Whalley.jpg
Peter Whalley was at the heart of Coronation Street for 35 years 

Gareth Philips, a former assistant producer on Corrie, said: “Just heard that Corrie writer Peter Whalley has died. He was a joy to work with. His scripts always so effortlessly fantastic. RIP. #Corrie.”

And fellow writer Jonathan Harvey said: “So sad to hear of the death of Peter Whalley, who wrote for Corrie for 35 years. So supportive to his fellow writers. A master. RIP Peter x”

EastEnders writer Daran Little also paid tribute to Peter, tweeting: “Devastated by the death of a great friend Peter Whalley who wrote more Coronation Street eps than anyone else. He was a story genius.”

Edited by victoria foxton

• Members

Norris and Mary are great I love their story. Mary and Adam are great as well lol

Have I mentioned that Sam Robertson (Adam Barlow) is now my newest UK soap crush ?

Please register in order to view this content

Move over Mike Parr and Duncan James.