Jump to content

Hollyoaks: Discussion Thread


Recommended Posts

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh no, Liam's gone for good. I liked him a lot and wish he had gotten a better story than this dull Eva thing. Is this how they wish to redeem Grace? Remove the reminders of what she did? I have loved Grace before but not recently sadly. They've just ruined her, at least Lisa didn't kill Nathan, with Grace it's harder to find a redemption plot, you basically have a cop killer and child murderer with her now and she's gotten away with it somehow. I also hate the exit coming up although I know no one will care either. Meanwhile, Scott just won't go away.
Killing off Amy is a dumb mistake. Let's see how long RyRy lasts. He could be good with Mercy. Cleo and Joel are so vital to the show at the moment, and not necessarily as a couple although if they don't go that way that would be a missed opportunity.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I may be alone, but I would still enjoy seeing an actual affair between James and Harry. Ste treats every man, save for Brendan, like crap. James has more money, a decent, if poorly decorated, place to live, a good job. No bratty kids that Harry would suddenly have to play step daddy to. He seemed a more loyal and caring boyfriend to John Paul than Ste has ever been to Harry. Ste is just "me me me" at all times. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Dax7000 said:

I may be alone, but I would still enjoy seeing an actual affair between James and Harry. Ste treats every man, save for Brendan, like crap. James has more money, a decent, if poorly decorated, place to live, a good job. No bratty kids that Harry would suddenly have to play step daddy to. He seemed a more loyal and caring boyfriend to John Paul than Ste has ever been to Harry. Ste is just "me me me" at all times. 

 

That's what I always wanted to see but the show will never let Harry stop being an unpaid carer (unless they are writing him out).

Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, DRW50 said:

 

That's what I always wanted to see but the show will never let Harry stop being an unpaid carer (unless they are writing him out).

I wouldn't be shocked if they write him out. The poor boy has not had any real story of his own. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not currently watching at the moment, but I don't understand how anyone can really root for Ste at this point. It's been years and years of him getting clean, sober and acting normal but then the writers get bored, throw him off the wagon, or have him lose his mind or whatever and then become a screw up again, then he's shunned, then he goes on an apology tour ... it's wash, rinse and repeat with him over and over and over again. And then you have guys like Doug and Harry who are good guys falling all over themselves for him. And even JP with Ste never made sense to me.

Link to post
Share on other sites

For a show which seems to place a premium on good looking young actors I've never understood why they have given so much airtime to a face that begs to be slapped.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, KMan101 said:

I'm not currently watching at the moment, but I don't understand how anyone can really root for Ste at this point. It's been years and years of him getting clean, sober and acting normal but then the writers get bored, throw him off the wagon, or have him lose his mind or whatever and then become a screw up again, then he's shunned, then he goes on an apology tour ... it's wash, rinse and repeat with him over and over and over again. And then you have guys like Doug and Harry who are good guys falling all over themselves for him. And even JP with Ste never made sense to me.

 

For me, it is rare that I get into HollyOaks b/c of Ste. As you've pointed out, I find him so draining. It was his constant moaning with Brendon, which turned me off to him. 

 

I peeked in to watch Friday's episode and why is Warren hiding a body in the attic? Didn't HollyOaks just have a character bury someone in a wall not too long ago? Someone is running out of ideas...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Nothin'ButAttitude said:

 

I peeked in to watch Friday's episode and why is Warren hiding a body in the attic? Didn't HollyOaks just have a character bury someone in a wall not too long ago? Someone is running out of ideas...

 

A wall, in the frozen food department at Price Slice...

 

Warren returned to the village as a broken man (yet again) because his beloved sister Katy (she was on the show from 2007-2008 - she was basically a moron who dated Justin) died of an overdose. Bart McQueen (the "bad boy" McQueen cousin I mostly remember for being in nonstop bad storylines) returned to the village several months later. Viewers learned that he and Warren's son Joel (who had left the village with Bart in 2012) had been doing drugs together and filmed Katy doing them, and were too out of it to help her when she ODed. Joel's guilt led him to become a priest. 

 

Warren was trying to turn over a new leaf after his early schemes back in the village (I think against that perpetual idiot Maxine) because she lost their baby and then he found out Sienna was pregnant with his baby. He found out about Bart's role in Katy's death, snapped, and killed him. 

 

He and Sienna are now playing hide-the-body, and then the other part of the story is waiting until he finds out about Joel's role in it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DRW50 said:

 

A wall, in the frozen food department at Price Slice...

 

Warren returned to the village as a broken man (yet again) because his beloved sister Katy (she was on the show from 2007-2008 - she was basically a moron who dated Justin) died of an overdose. Bart McQueen (the "bad boy" McQueen cousin I mostly remember for being in nonstop bad storylines) returned to the village several months later. Viewers learned that he and Warren's son Joel (who had left the village with Bart in 2012) had been doing drugs together and filmed Katy doing them, and were too out of it to help her when she ODed. Joel's guilt led him to become a priest. 

 

Warren was trying to turn over a new leaf after his early schemes back in the village (I think against that perpetual idiot Maxine) because she lost their baby and then he found out Sienna was pregnant with his baby. He found out about Bart's role in Katy's death, snapped, and killed him. 

 

He and Sienna are now playing hide-the-body, and then the other part of the story is waiting until he finds out about Joel's role in it.

 

Interesting...

 

I'm still surprised that Jamie Lomas came back to the show b/c he was once adamant in taking a shot at Hollywood. He was also spotted out there with Ricky Whittle, who's career has really taken off since making the move. I'm wondering if Jamie threw in the towel for now b/c of his daughter or some other reason. I hope he takes another shot at it b/c I think he's a decent enough actor that he could land something in the USA. He's also eye candy for me so...

Please register in order to view this content

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Nothin'ButAttitude said:

 

Interesting...

 

I'm still surprised that Jamie Lomas came back to the show b/c he was once adamant in taking a shot at Hollywood. He was also spotted out there with Ricky Whittle, who's career has really taken off since making the move. I'm wondering if Jamie threw in the towel for now b/c of his daughter or some other reason. I hope he takes another shot at it b/c I think he's a decent enough actor that he could land something in the USA. He's also eye candy for me so...

Please register in order to view this content

 

I wonder if he realized he was a bit old for it. I'm not sure. 

 

He's become a decent actor and is still very handsome so I would say he could crack it, but you never know.

 

I still wonder why EE wasted him so much. Typical petty DTC.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DRW50 said:

 

I wonder if he realized he was a bit old for it. I'm not sure. 

 

He's become a decent actor and is still very handsome so I would say he could crack it, but you never know.

 

I still wonder why EE wasted him so much. Typical petty DTC.

 

Yeah EE totally wasted him, which still upsets me. I feel like DTC never had any true direction with him. 

 

I hope he doesn't feels that he is too old, as it is never too old to chase after his dreams. I think he is sexy. Much sexier than a lot of these twinks running around and getting major roles. Jamie Lomas just oozes sex appeal; he's like a fine wine, seasoned just right. 

 

Let me stop b/c I'm drooling and having unsavory thoughts right now.

Please register in order to view this content

Link to post
Share on other sites

DTC just wanted rid of anybody he hadn't cast. Petty. 

 

The guy who plays his son Joel is a pretty decent actor and also hot.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, DRW50 said:

DTC just wanted rid of anybody he hadn't cast. Petty. 

 

The guy who plays his son Joel is a pretty decent actor and also hot.

 

Yum! Yes he does! 

 

I tried to get back into Hollyoaks seeing as my husband, Duncan James, was on there but I couldn't. Ste slinging boogers constantly is not something I wanna see.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Nothin'ButAttitude said:

 

Yum! Yes he does! 

 

I tried to get back into Hollyoaks seeing as my husband, Duncan James, was on there but I couldn't. Ste slinging boogers constantly is not something I wanna see.

 

I don't really either. I keep up via gifs and what fans say. That's about it. I will not watch any of the Amy death story. The only thing I would watch is if James and Harry [!@#$%^&*].

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Community Activity

    1. 6,629

      Another World

    2. 607

      Dynasty: Discussion Thread

    3. 11,469

      As The World Turns Discussion Thread

    4. 38

      Y&R May 2021 Discussion Thread

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy