Hollyoaks: Discussion Thread

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I assumed you watched the fire at The Dog, where Clare left Mel and Sophie to burn to death. That was in September 2006, I believe.

That was such a great episode. Mel was going to expose Clare for the cheating psycho she was, but never got the chance and Clare left her and twin sister to die. That really crushed OB, as he never trusted Clare and loved Mel and Sophie, and he couldn't get through to Max, because she put a strain on their friendship. Max and OB got supercouple treatement. LOL!

Mel and Sophie's death would enable Clare to drive a whole year of story, and of course was indirectly responsible for the great "Who Pushed Clare" mystery in 2007.

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner

• Members

You make it sound like Clare left knowing they were going to die LOL. She had nothing to do with that but damn was she lucky. I also loved the foreshadowing when as she was leaving she briefly passed Sam as a hint to fans she was going to be the next big bad is Hollyoaks!

The thing I love most about this show is how much clear direction storylines seem to have.

• Members

She did LOL. She knew what a danger Sam was, and she was the only one who saw him enter the Dog with a petrol and a lighter, yet she did nothing about it. She could've pulled the alarm or called the police, but she went back home to pack.

Later she visited OB in the hospital and she made fun of Mel and Sophie's death and threatened to smother him. LOL! She knew exactly what she was doing.

Sam hated Sophie, and Clare hated Mel, so it worked out well for both of them in the end. LOL!

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner

• Members

She knew what he was capable of, and she thought she was going to be exposed anyway, so she was going to leave town before she was exposed or in the case something happened to Mel, Sophie, and OB, she wouldn't be involved.

It was kind of the passing of the torch though, as she then became the main villian on the show once Sam died in the fire as well.

• Members

I loved how she brought up that she has guilt over him being Max's killer.

After she saw Niall yelling at Tom, and was creeped out by Niall's folder, I think she's putting two and two together about Niall and realizes how sick he is. I think there's a lot more to it though, and we'll find out later.

Next week is going to be a big week, that's all I'll say. This week is a good set up for what's about to explode. :)

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner

• Members

I found the clip of when Clare was about to smother OB in the hospital after the explosion that killed Mel and Sophie. I love how she went from all psycho to sweet when Max walked in. LOL!

It starts 3 minutes and 30 seconds into this clip.

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner