Hollyoaks: Discussion Thread

• Members

OMG!!!! YAY!!!! We got our Sunset Ending!!! God, the John Paul and Craig storyline was just amazing to watch, it's been an amazing ride over the past 2 and half years watching the storyline that single-handedly revived Hollyoaks. God, their reunion at the train station was such a good moment. I guess if some didn't see the storyline from the beginning to end, they won't feel the same way about it that we do.

I LOVED how they remembered the John Paul, Craig, Hannah, and Sarah dynamic and what close friends they all were. I'm glad that Sarah and Craig finally have closure and that Sarah was finally able to forgive Craig.

I'll post more on the entire week on Friday or Saturday, but god, the Sunset Ending was all I could've asked for and more.

I loved the moment where they finally see each other at the train station and John Paul says to Craig, "I keep wondering what if you hadn't walked into class that day." God, I love how they mentioned their meeting and the little injection of history here and there.

I also loved when John Paul jokingly said, "Why do you keep finding ourselves in situations like this?" :lol:

John Paul and Craig was a true love story. It didn't matter that they're gay, the storyline was treated like how any straight romance would've been treated. The forbiddeness of it, the passion, the love between these two characters, and how it impacted those around them made for some of the best soap opera I've ever seen. It's truly been an amazing experience to watch this. Bryan Kirkwood is the man.

Oh, and I'm glad that Niall's plan to poison John Paul backfired on his ass, served him right!

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I am still on a high and guess what Alvin that clip was the # 1 viewed clip yesturday. I was smiling the whole time. The songs were perfect and well I am glad we got what we got. You are right it was a kick ass storyline that if anyone gets the chance to watch on Nicks paige should take the opportunity to do so.

• Members

The song that they used for John-Paul and Craig's last scene is "Epic Last Song" by Does It Offend You, Yeah?

I'll always think of John Paul and Craig everytime I hear that song now. It was a perfect song to usher them off the show.

I'm going to miss them, as I said before, the overall storyline was an amazing ride and I can't find any faults with it.

Here's the video for the whole song btw:

">
" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner

• Members

I only caught this episode for the randommest of reasons (I have a friend who is a fan) and don't know Craig and Jean-Paul's history AT ALL. But I was taken in by the naturalness of the whole relationship and the obvious chemistry between the two leads.

Their very last scene, on the train, Craig's arm slung over JP's shoulder, as he joked to him that his family in Dublin didn't know he was gay. And then their teasing kiss. I've never seen anything feel so natural and... right between a same-sex couple on ANY soap before. It really contrasts with, say, ATWT or AMC, where Nuke/Lianca would be rooted to the spot, spouting rather unrealistic and melodramatic dialogue, hugging awkwardly or sharing the odd kiss which sometimes (though not always) felt like they had been rationned out.

I especially liked how neither character is perfect. Craig struck me as very confident, while the episode seemed to reference JP as sometimes flighty, superficial or selfish. They both felt human and acted like people you see IRL.

BTW, whoever is playing Niall is a pretty compelling actor. Understated yet completely menacing. Nice bait-and-switch with the poisoned beers, JP!

• Administrator

I really liked that scene and I've only seen the beginning of their story (I'm still at the episode where Craig/Sarah go on their date).

It's a great song!

Clare and Hannah went over a cliff and Clare "drowned." She later showed up at the airport.

Here's her last scene.

What was it like before? How was it bad?

At first I hated Niall but now I love to hate Niall because of Barry Sloane's acting. He's really good.

I can't believe nobody mentioned Calvin/Carmel's wacky wedding! I couldn't stop laughing!!

There was:

- the tan

- the rollerskates

- the ugly dresses

- Sasha's half fro/half straight hair

- Spice Girls' "Two become 1" playing as Carmel walks down the isle

- Carmel and her bridesmaids doing the "two" and "one" with their fingers

LMAO!!!!!!!!

Mandy and Warren had sex. :o My Louise ended up sleeping in a dumpster. :( They're gonna do an alcoholism storyline aren't they? My poor beautiful Louise. :(

• Members

You like Louise? Maybe an alcholism storyline will give her a real persoanlity. :P

As Clare Devine told her last year, "The only friendship you've ever cultivated is with your make-up bag and a mirror. Anymore concealer and you would've wiped out what little bit of personality you've got left!" :lol:

Moving on to this week, which was really good. I'm glad that Russ now knows that he's the father of Tina's kid. Thursday, Friday, and next Monday's episodes are really solid.

Michaela and Zak waking up together. :o:lol:

Ste needs to stay away from Amy. I'm glad they're putting Josh back into Amy's orbit, they always should've been together and were so great together before.

LOL at Cindy faking her sickness.

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner

• Members

Writers’ Guild Awards 2008

Best Soap

• Mark Cairns, Andrew Holden, Martha Hillier, Sam Wheats, Graham Mitchell, Jake Riddlell, Chris Murray, Tony McHale, Matthew Evans, Martin Jameson, Dana Fainaru, Len Collin, Joe Ainsworth, Peter Lloyd, Ian Kershaw, Veronica Henry, Gert Thomas, Jeff Dodds, Dan Sefton, Sebastian Baczkiewicz, Daisy Coulam, Abi Bown - Holby City, Season 10
  • Angela Corner Anna Clements Barry Woodward Carol Ann Docherty Chris Gill Daran Little David Mcdermott Helen Blakeman Jane Marlow Jane Pearson Jesse O'Mahoney Jessica Lea Johanne Mcandrew Elliot Hope Kim Millar Lyn Papadopoulos Mariam Vossough Mark Bickerton Matthew Westwood Maurice Bessman Nick Saltrese Nick West Paul Coates Perrie Balthazar Richard Burke Roger Williams Steven Fay Tara Byrne Tony Green Tracy Brabin - Hollyoaks
  • Geoff McQueen (series deviser), Richard Ommanney, Neil Clarke, Steve Griffiths, Emma Goodwin, Julian Perkins, Steve Attridge, Clive Dawson, Peter G. Morgan, Andrew Taft, Chris Murray, Tom Higgins, Julia Wall, Maxwell Young, Jane Marlow, Sally Tatchell, Si Spencer, Matthew Bardsley, Jonathan Rich, Matthew Leys, James Hall, Chris Murray, Stuart Morris, Nicholas McInerny, Chris Ould, Alan Pollock, Simon Moss, Nicholas Martin, Scott Cherry, Doug Milburn, Steve Trafford, Stephanie Lloyd Jones, Steve Baillie, Frank Rickarby, Andrew Alty, Will Shindler, Chris Dunn, Sarah-Louise Hawkins, Len Collin, Gregory Evans, Tom Needham, Patrick Homes - The Bill, Season 23