Hollyoaks: Discussion Thread

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

NATHAN? What? This show makes it so hard to stay faithful to it. It makes it extremely depressing to watch a show full of what will be dead corpses in a year. I was already DISGUSTED at the Lisa/Mac affair which seems so unnecessary (Lisa was the new HBIC now she's ruined and I just want her gone) and my speculation is that the original plan was for it to be Mac/Tabitha but they couldn't get Linda Gray longer but it's just speculation on my part, and I am furious at them having Grace kill Eva, who had to be one of the most useless characters along with Joanne. The Nightingales started with a tour of the town and laughed about how many deaths there had been, and Rachel, now Nathan, gone. Who'll be next? Probably one of Grace's brothers, Jesse most likely. The one thing the show has going for it right now is the Joel character, yes it's because the actor is sexy, and they've already done the Hollyoaks routine on him, he's responsible for a death, other than that Courtney is a welcome addition too, and Sally wanting to raise Myra's baby with her is a good development, wishing they don't ruin it. Outside of Lisa & Mac, one of the worst storylines recently was the whole thing with the Osbournes and Eva. I don't believe for one second anyone enjoyed that hot mess which went nowhere. And I for one could care less about who killed Darcy. She's probably alive. Diego/Frankie is just a bore. Nathan wasn't amazing but he was a good guy.

• Members

I am liking how the James/JP/Stey/Harry story is going.  Finally some more blue eyed Harry!  I was not watching the soap before Finn was on.  I caught up on a little bit from YouTube.  That kid is a disaster!

I loved how the Nightingale kids are coming together for Marnie.  I wish that James would just tell the other siblings what Mac is really like.  I bet when Tabby comes back for Nathan's funeral Mac will get caught.

• Members

Yes, it is a shame what this has done to Lisa, who was such a wildly vibrant character. And it's quite staggering to think that within 16 months of arriving, the Nightingales have suffered the deaths of one son's fiancee (Rachel); the youngest son's girlfriend (Jade) and now one of their sons (Nathan)!

I  do still love the Nightingales though, and think they've been a successful new family overall. I read that the actors all made a point of going out for dinner together regularly within their first couple of months on the show so they could bond, and it's worked. 

• Members

The death of Rachel was planned from the start, so that didn't bother me. With Nathan I wonder if it was the he's been on a year, and that's it. James tried to tell Nathan, and he didn't believe it. Too bad people still don't know. I actually found Mac and Lisa entertaining and loved the part with Cameron. The problem was that they should have had Lisa discover everything that Mac has done wrong, and then destroy him. That would have returned her to HBIC instead of just weak.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Killing off Nathan was unnecessary but damn if they didn't create some dark moments out of it. Mac telling Marnie her son died because of her lying about her brain tumor and then have him and Lisa speak about their affair in the empty church only for Marnie to come out of the confessional were both some twists! It's a bit of a stretch though that Nathan wouldn't have dropped Mac's bracelet while falling. Marnie can be too camp at times but she's up there with Grace and Sienna as the best new divas of recent years, it feels like they didn't deserve to have that fall on their laps. I also like what they're doing with Neeta. She's been window dressing for so long but the actress is decent enough and obviously gorgeous, I wonder where they're taking her. She might surprise us. The Leela actress gets on my nerves, so her having a baby with Louis was just a way to have her end up with his other son? I'll take Tegan any day. Hoping for more Cindy as it's been a while since she's been on. There's so much she can do.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Catching up on the past few months. Anybody know why Celine was killed off-was it for storyline purposes or did the actress choose not to renew her contract? I saw her on some TV interview thing when I was over in the UK and I got a bad vibe about her-she seemed quite the opposite to sweetheart Celine. Perhaps she was an off the set problem like the one who played Sinead?

Edited by TimWil