Hollyoaks: Discussion Thread

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Didn't watch last week. I was doing so well keeping up, LOL ....

Last episode I watched was Jade's death

Please register in order to view this content

The show definitely has a ton of dead weight it could cut.

Cameron will eventually get caught. I've noticed plots circle and hem and haw but eventually conclude. I liked the actress playing his sister. Leela and Teagan could both go tomorrow and I wouldn't blink. They don't know what to do with either of them.

Ste doesn't deserve Harry and I'm tired of them giving this dude things to act that he clearly can't act. Does the show tell him he's good? Sorry but man ...

And I agree the balance is odd. You don't see people for weeks/months at a time. I've gotten used to it and people get their time but it's different.

I'm sick of the Joe/Mercedes merry-go-round and I was disappointed they seem to keep going down the same path with Joanne.

Maxine losing the baby was sad. But the last thing this hot mess needed was another kid ...

Edited by KMan101

• Members

The show is no longer uploaded onto YouTube for us to watch now that Channel 4 has realized what was going on. I believe the videos were blocked in the UK so that couldn't hurt the show and that's one more way of fading away from international viewers. I know where to find it but it was so much easier.

Subsequently Jade's and the first Halloween death were spoiled for me looking for episodes on YT. I mean I didn't know about the latter just saw a video description saying there'd be two deaths. Both would have surprised me but whatever. This show kills off people all the time.

The Ellie/nuSavage story was dropped right away. Should we expect something more from it? I guess so many people have been MIA because of summer vacations for actors but still. I miss Grace, I've been thinking she could work with Mac, anyone else can see that? Joanne continues to be on this show for no reason, maybe she's the second fatality? Glad to see the Lovedays a bit more but I don't expect them to last much longer unfortunately. If it's an alcoholism storyline they've planned for Simone, meh. They could have kept Sonia on. It's really the first time since I've been watching permanently in the last two years that I'm hoping for a new exec.

• Members

I can understand why Channel 4 did that, but the fact the show was available in the US and then cut off made up some of the viewers YT was getting. The other streaming option disappeared due to someone stealing videos from one site and putting it on another.

Please register in order to view this content

The amount of ads if you can watch it live from the UK isn't bad, when I had the chance to do that a couple of times. 

Jade's death was spoiled on twitter, in a video promoing Stand Up to Cancer. 

I think more is to come with Dirk's nephew, it is just how they cycle with this show. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Glad to see Linda Grey on the show. Marnie really grew up to me. Lysette Anthony is so fab. Very over the top but I love it.

Myra's new family members sound already irritating. Goldie will bother me soon I think.

Glad Nico is finally dead. Think Cameron will be gone next after the deaths he caused and the threats he made to Celine.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Lisa sleeping with Mac is such a misstep. I thoroughly enjoyed Linda Gray, I hope it wasn't just a quick visit and she'll return. Same with Jude.
Jury's still out on Goldie. She feels too much like a Mercedes knock-off. As far as new MacQueens go, I wish Reenie had been a bigger character and were still on the show.
The actor playing Nick impressed me when he realized that Ellie didn't remember the one-night stand the same way he did. You know what, I like Liam a lot but Eva is still too one-dimensional for me, I find it weird she does not appear in the opening credits too, so I'm thinking she might be out sooner than later.
I really liked the twist of Sienna going to church and unknowingly meeting Warren's son the priest. Although I hope it doesn't lead to them having an affair.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I haven't watched since Jade's death. I hate they killed her off and now I read they killed off Celine. Another mistake. I enjoy the show but it's a little too quick to kill off people. It's sometimes just a bit too plot driven but I guess that's what also drags me in ...

Edited by KMan101

• Members

I was okay with Jade dying because of how she died. It wasn't a silly car crash or something of that nature. Celine's death was horrid, Cameron is an awful human being and needs to be stopped already. Yes Nico is finally toast, but Cameron needs to go too. Joanne is also away, and considering the corner she was written into there was nowhere else to go.

Made me happy to see OB in the credits for a guest visit.

• Members

The endless onslaught of deaths on this show is too much, it really has become a case of diminishing returns. Celine's death was so grimy and unsettling, and from looking at Twitter you could see that the fans were really upset. She wasn't an incredible character, but she was kind and decent and I do feel that her death is maybe one death too far. 

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

I understood NOTHING of Sienna's plan with Joel. I thought she didn't know who he was at first, then she was planning on killing him to get back at Warren? Convoluted as heck. Then it was all an accident. This explosion was so gratuitous. I love Sienna but yeah I agree with KMan101 she has run her course. Outside of Anna Passey's acting, what made Sienna work was when Patrick and Nico were around, it made for some gothic family unit and their condo complimented that. Now I don't see what they can do with her. Thankfully other than that the show is picking up with the Donovan/Celine drama although I hate they killed her off.
Is Linda Gray ever coming back?

• 4 weeks later...