Hollyoaks: Discussion Thread

• Members

Great use of Celine recently. I've always found her so-so but they're really doing a good job with her and they've struck gold with that pairing with Jesse.
The double wedding where both weddings didn't happen was some good drama. The Juanita character, although a caricature, was a fun addition. I didn't see the twist re: Diego coming.
Mercedes & Joe were working but I'm not sure I feel sad about them breaking up. I'm interested in seeing who they move them with. Although no Joanne please. She's a wet fish. I'm always annoyed at how Darren being Joe and Freddie's brother is swept under the rug.
The balance on this show does my head in sometimes. We had the week of the Patrick saga, and since then I don't remember seeing Sienna, Maxine etc. It's a bit anticlimatic.
I've never had a problem with Tegan but she was annoying last week. I've watched every episode this year but I can't remember Leela having sex with Jesse at all.
Joan Collins would have been a catch and more age appropriate to be Marnie's mother but I just don't see her in a British soap. Or even US soap. GL was just a case of right show in the right era/right character/right family.

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Like I've said before, I am new to Hollyoaks.  I really do feel like I am watching like 2 different soaps in one.  There are way too many characters and stories for a 1/2 hour show.  And I feel like the stories I like, are on for awhile, and then poof gone for too long.  The only story in my opinion that is constantly in our face is the Jade/Alphie story.  Which to me is Fast Forward material.  I think they are boring and just bring nothing to the table.

What I do like:

Maxine/Nico/Sienna/Warren  Storyline

Nightingales Clan

I like the McQueens- Particularly Celine Mercedes

I love Grace

I love her brothers too- Easy on the eyes except for Liam with the long hair.  He can go.  But Jesse and Adam I love!

What I don't Like

Osbornes are boring.  This new story with the deranged cop is stupid.  Period.

While I like Lelah and Teagan,  Im not a fan of Courtney or Cameron.  They both can go.  Ste needs to be with them more.

I like Ste and Harry- but I wish they would go into their romance more, rather then his kids.  

Where is James and John Paul?

Joanne and the entire Roscoe family can go. 

• Members

There's some really bad hair on the show at the moment with the men...lots of men seem to just be doing buzz cuts, which works for some but not others. Harry now looks older than Ste, which makes it a good thing they've dropped the age gap as Harry wanders onscreen solely to be a sitter for Ste and his children. And the hipster Donovan brother is a great example of why some men actually need short hair. It is poorly maintained and distracting from his mediocre acting. Then again maybe that's the point. 

I cringed when Ste the abuser put his hands on Amy when they were squabbling over their children. I'm sorry that Leah has been made into a generic soap brat because it means rather than worrying about her well-being, I just wish she would leave. 

The woman playing Cameron/Lockie's cousin is a decent actress and adds a bit of urgency to a moribund plot. The problem is beyond her I don't really care if the truth comes out or if Cameron pays. Cameron at least has some energy and is easy on the eye, while Tegan is sort of there, Ste is...Ste, and Kirsty-Leigh Porter seems to have forgotten how to act. 

I liked the part where a well-meaning Amy unwittingly encouraged Jack's niece to go on a crime spree. 

Edited by DRW50

• Members

Jude has finally returned, and damn does it feel good. Davinia Taylor looks impeccable. And the brief moment where revealed Jude to the audience and played a snippet of the original theme made feel all the nostalgic feelings. I truly hope she decides to return sooner rather than later after this temporary stint.

• Members

I haven't seen the episode yet but I saw the little clip where she and Jack got into it. I'm glad the show remembered their history and remembered the murkiness of what Jack did with her sister. I'm glad she didn't get nasty with Jade either, when Jade defended him. 

(Jade and Jude - only on a soap...) 

• Members

I want Cameron to pay because it is ridiculous that he is getting away with murder. The mess with Diego being a con amuses me, Myra then totally is his soulmate as she is one too. 

Jude is new to me, as not a lot of the really old HO stuff is online. I liked her though, as she seemed genuine/multi-dimensional even if she isn't "good". Her comment about OB was funny, and I get why Tom was annoyed how his sister is never there for anything including funerals as that is a good point. Nearly everyone who has looked after him has ended up dead except for his current guardians and OB. 

• Members

Jude is a hoot. I already love her. I'm so glad they're bringing on some more family for Cindy. I loved her the most from the moment I first laid eyes on her back in 2011 when she came back from a trip and was the new co-owner of the spa. I didn't expect a soap like Hollyoaks which moves at the speed of light to bring back a character not seen in almost 20 years.

I am intrigued about the new Ste storyline with his blackouts. DID? On a British soap, has it been done? If that's where they're going I can't see that going down well with the press, and people are harsh with Kieron (and I'd agree he wouldn't be the right choice for such storyline, although he's fully capable of good work.)

Not interested in the least bit in the Liam/Eva story, it's the one dud at the moment. I actually like Liam but him ready to kill Jack was laughable. Eva is on her high horse but she's no better. Of course she'll come around to Jack, and maybe, then she'll start being interesting.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

One of my favorite characters from Hollyoaks (or any soap), OB, will be back briefly for this "Osbournes gone missing" plot. It will be wonderful to see him again (hopefully he won't be killed off).

Naturally the comments section either didn't know him, or tried to be cute and asked for a return for the mushmouthed, boyfriend-beating bore  instead.