Hollyoaks: Discussion Thread

• Members

This new chapter of Nico's story reminds me of a great British film starring Thora Birch and Keira Knightley called 'The Hole.' I just looked up the film (to make sure I spelled Keira's name right) and as soon as I saw Daniel Brocklebank was listed as part of the cast I instantly remembered his part of the film. Strange how his Corrie arrival never gave me a sense that I knew him from somewhere else.

Knowing she would debut in the fall, I was still hoping we'd get a little glimpse of Jude's return. Still, looks like the show will continue on the great path they've been on since at least November 2014. I've missed Amy since the day she left with during that awkward Marquess mess. Barnesy is just an added bonus. It's too bad he's not back for good, at least not yet.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Just like the Chris Fountain situation on Corrie, I think it's so stupid that these actors receive any disciplinary action at all. People need to get their head out of their asses and stop being so sensitive to things that don't affect them. As long as it doesn't affect their work and they aren't breaking any laws, they should be able to do whatever the hell they want. Sure people have every right to criticize, but this is his instagram account. At the end of the day, if you don't like it, unfollow him and move on with your life. That's what someone who isn't a pathetic troll would do.

Poor Duncan James. It never occurred to me that what he was going through was so serious. It sounds awful. I'm excited to see him on Hollyoaks, a place I can see him fitting in wonderfully. Superficially, it'll be a treat to see him be treated as a true Hollyoaks hunk. The man has one of the best bodies I've ever seen. Glam Amy deserves it. She's come so far.

• Members

Most Hollyoaks viewers are teenagers. The show courts a teenage audience. I imagine that his Instagram is even more heavily dominated by teenagers. When that's the case, and he's directly posting this stuff (it's not even done via disguise like Chris Fountain), I think there's more of a responsibility. 

• Members

Actors or people in the entertainment world having a responsibility for other people's actions has always befuddled me. It's a scapegoat for stupid people. It's just a sad world we live in where said stupid people tend to scream loudest. And scream they must, because they're banshees.

On-screen, Joanne's continued existence is most puzzling. Shoe-horning her into being a bunny boiler again for another couple, when it actually seemed like she had learned from her mistakes somewhat is just strange. Maybe the show will surprise me, but she just seems like a supporting character who they're hanging onto for reasons unknown.

Liam is such a p*ssy. Who is that afraid of a chicken? I hate birds and think they all look shade as, but that was embarrassing. Oh, Hollyoaks!

Edited by Bright Eyes

• Members

I would agree if these actors didn't become so idolized. When I see an actor who has a lot of young fans brandishing a knife and repeatedly saying bizarre things on social media, I do pause. I don't think he should be fired, but I can see why the show would be concerned.

• Members

Do they have "morals clauses" on UK soaps? Decades ago some US daytime soap stars had to deal with that. My feeling is if this kind of behavior would get a person in trouble at a regular job, then it is fair game for them to get sanctioned while working on a television show.  If Parry's actions are serious enough and the show is worried about him then they should do something.

• Members

I had to google this as I had no idea since I don't watch Corrie. I did see a little of when Chris Fountain when he was on Hollyoaks, but I didn't know his real name, as he was part of the cast during the short time it was on BBCAmerica.

• Members

The current series producer, Emily Gascoyne, made a short film last year with him as the lead and I've been waiting ever since for his return announcement. I can see the show wanting to wait a few more years, until Charlie is a teenager, but I do hope his return is inevitable at some point. He's a legendary character for the show and rightly so, being he's the only male performer to ever win Best Actor for the show at the BSA's.

Edited by Bright Eyes

• Members

I was just thinking about her the other day and then saw this news! So great! I can't wait to see her on my screen again. HollyOaks is a bit random. I love that she's Marnie's mother.

Looks like a bunch more people are coming, like usual, but they seem interesting to me:

Jack gets a niece, Warren gets a son and Dirk gets a nephew: https://t.co/gciGKUwIr2

Goldie and her boys are coming: http://www.channel4.com/programmes/hollyoaks/articles/all/chelsee-healey-is-joining-team-mcqueen/4749