Hollyoaks: Discussion Thread

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

So basically I just got caught up on Hollyoaks. 7 months of episodes in 2 months. Winning!

I've finally found a soap that has me hooked. My only dislike is Lindsey got killed off (I literally sobbed lol) I adore Sophie Austin and I'm seeing rumors that she'll be going to Eastenders, which will get me tuned into 2 UK soaps :wub:

oh and I also cannot stand the character of Ste. <_< I really don't understand the appeal and he needs to get rid of those greasy curls STAT! Why Harry is so infatuated with him is ridiculous.

Oh, and Nico too. It's nice to have her causing trouble for characters I do like, however, I just haven't warmed up to her at all.

BIG shout out to the Lovedays. Particularly Simone and Louis. Hell, even Joanne's sneaky ass. When she glided in front of Louis' car I squealed. She's crazy.

Nancy, Esther, Cindy, Darren, Sienna, and JOHN PAUL :wub: are my favorites.

Another shout out to Bryan Kirkwood for his music taste at the beginning of each episode. And production. I wish US soaps had the budget to mirror their style of production.

I also really love the inclusion of LGBT characters and they're actually driving story.

• Members

Great post. You should try Emmerdale, even if it's all over the place at the minute. I do like the idea of so many lgbt characters - I just wish so many of them were not so poorly written. I also agree about Harry. I don't get anything with why he wants Ste. I just tend to assume Ste has a big dick. 

• Members

Anna really is just great. I started watching when she was with Ben so I didn't really care for her. They were like watching paint dry. But then they threw her with Trevor and suddenly I loved her! Really sad about Trevor too though. They should've handled it a tad differently. No man would walk into a wedding and marry his fiancée while secretly bleeding to death :lol: 

• Members

A couple of random Hollyoaks thoughts:

- I thought Jennifer Metcalfe totally stole the show in the episode where Silas killed Lindsay.

- Real Lisa's arrival was ridiculously entertaining, great move casting Rachel Adedeji. 

- So Ben sacrificed himself to save his substitute daughter, aka the girl who killed his actual daughter?! Dear God. 

• Members

I’m sorry, but those scenes with Ste and a “high” Cameron were hilarious. I don’t really know how you could play those scenes, so I will not be too hard on the guy who plays Cameron, but - wow. Just...wow.

I know Ste isn’t very bright, but he’s spent most of his life surrounded by drugs, he’s dealt all kinds of drugs, he’s taken all kinds of drugs. He would know when someone is not actually on something. The stupidity of this character, and the stories they give him, continues to astonish me. 

If they were going to go for a random, trashy storyline, they should have had Cameron lay pipe with Ste, get a guilt-ridden Ste to fess up to Leela and Harry, and then convince Leela and Harry that Ste was making the whole thing up because he’s bitter and depraved. It would make about as much sense, and it would involve the weird chemistry between Ste and Cameron being put to use...and it would involve Cameron being naked, which would automatically make the storyline better.

Oh, and who in the world decided that a man who cheated on partners again and again, at one point impregnating a woman and at another point getting HIV and exposing his partner to it, should EVER get to play morality place with a boyfriend? EVER? What a joke.