Hollyoaks: Discussion Thread

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I still think Emmerdale should win. I do agree with most of that list, but Ste/Harry, and them ruining Cameron's character should never be praised in any way. I've been reluctant to feel that Ste needs to go, but he's just unbearable now. He's basically an EastEnders character, someone that has made moves to improve himself, but is now constantly made to be a complete loser. If he and Tegan could disappear tomorrow, I'd be satisfied, and hopefully they'd let Amy finally return permanately in the process with a new man. It's always so nice to see her. I still despair about how great her and Lee were together.

I've made my notions about what happened to Cameron's character clear already. Him and Celine could have surpassed the hole I've felt since the coupling of Texas and Dodger was cruelly taken away from me.

The article also annoys me for not mentioning the fantastic additions of the Loveday and Nightingale families. Both have worked seamlessly into the show. I'm also left scratching my head at the exclusion of Trevor and Grace. The turn around they did with Grace in 2015 was something magical to behold. She was completely unwatchable when she first started, and as soon as she got her clown hair makeover and she "killed" Mercedes, Grace and Trevor both scheming and having dodgy deals behind each others backs, she became must see and a bonafide legend.

I do admit to being shocked at Nico killing Patrick in cold blood. He definitely deserved to die a merciless death, but that he still is making Maxine miserable from beyond the grave is tiring. Maxine has been so miserable for long, she has long ran out of sympathy points. I just want her to go away, forever.

Hollyoaks has a lot of great things going for it, but they make just as many mistakes. I do think the show, overall, is more enjoyable than Corrie and EastEnders. Even with their breakneck pace, Hollyoaks still knows how to build a moment and deliver a gripping climax.

As for the James/Harry stuff. That finally made Harry interesting again, and James is charming enough where he never came off like a pervert. Harry is also a good character when he's allowed to be with his friends, Holly, Zack, and Cleo. However, we all know one of Kirkwood's biggest failings, even in his first stint, is developing true friendships and not just dropping people in and out of each others lives when it suits the plot. I would at least admit Grace and Esther seem to have been maintained pretty consistently. Nancy is probably the biggest question mark. Her friendships come and go like herpes.

Okay, I think I've rambled enough now.

• Members

So Harry has whored himself out to James....hmm should have seen this coming a mile away. Sad but I won't deny it was funny to watch from a karma perspective. 

Tony by warned the fool that this is what happens to people who love Ste. 

The James guy is very charming despite making such an indecent proposal...

• Members

I believe Twinnie-Lee left the show to focus on her music career.

I made the wish Lindsey would kill Silas, and in the end, it's the other way around. I don't believe she wouldn't fight back but then again he's the physical one there. So long Lindsey 2.0, I hope Sophie Austin pops up on Emmerdale or something.