Hollyoaks: Discussion Thread

• Members

This Gloved Hand reveal is an absolute joke. I didn't see it on the episode but maybe its because I really was worried they'd do the unbelievable.....

I think Tony said that Ste is 7 years older than Harry. Which isn't bad IMO. I'd date someone 7 years older or younger tbh. Especially with ridiculous body and that cute smile. My main problem with Ste is his past. A drug user. An alcoholic. And now he has HIV. It's just a lot and its totally not believable that a young guy like Harry could handle all that. That being said I hope that they keep Ste off the drugs and alcohol and on a good path. Only then will I buy this relationship long term. 

John Paul is a whiny dumb b*tch. He was dumb with Sineads step brother and he's dumb now. He really needs to get some self respect and go somewhere.

Edited by ThePrinceOfSunspear

• Replies 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I think they're shaving a few years off Ste...

He's too thin to me, and the smile often makes him look a bit freakish, although he does have a nice ass. Truth be told I'd probably pick him over Harry in terms of a fun time, as Harry is so dead-eyed.

• Members

LOL, Carl, re the dead eyes. I myself would hate-f***k the thoroughly obnoxious, inexplicably arrogant Ste but take my time with the dreamily handsome, dumb as a plank callow youth that is Harry. 

OK, now that Sophie Austin (Lindsey) will soon be available for other work I can expect her agent to be getting a call from EE in ten, nine, eight...

Edited by TimWil

• Members

Do you know if Teagan got her biological daughter back or is that the one she has thought all along was her daughter. I'm so confused by the back and forth. I know she kidnapped on of them. I think its a sign of just how horrible the show is and the stories are where I can't even follow a baby switch. At this point I don't even understand WHAT Teagan actually wanted.

• Members

Lindsey being the Gloved Hand was perfect. You could really tell the show took the time to plan out her psychosis issues as far back as Lindsey only being with Freddie because she was addicted to the danger of what he represented. The further reveal that the accident with Kath was no accident at all and that she wished she had killed her that day was icing on the cake. Bunny boiler Kim has been fascinating from jump and seeing her react to the person she idolizes completely fall apart was must see. The twist of Freddie being alive was a great shock and only added to the greatness of this twisted tale, and I have hated him strongly at times. I should have known Kirkwood wouldn't have killed his favourite Roscoe creation. Of course, the strength of this story continues with little Charlie knowing Lindsey murdered S'avage (who I couldn't be more grateful about for being gone). Darren and Nancy back in prominence is always good news. The recent DS spoiler about them battling true evil I'm guessing will now come in the form of Lindsey. And the recent article about them having a big story in the new year can only make this show stronger. Darren and Nancy leading the way has never backfired as far as I know.

Honestly, the majority of this show has been so strong ever since Grace got her clown hair, it really doesn't get the credit it deserves. As schizo paced as this show is, things rarely come off anti-climactic. Everything is always "SO DAMN IMPORTANT OMG!" which can be tiring, but it is much better than the alternative that Corrie and EE constantly serve up.

If only Tegan and Scott could be wiped from existence things would nearly be perfect.

I'm so happy that Cameron is out of prison. That man is far too fit AF to be kept away. Plus, he did the viewers a huge favour killing the awful Lomax parents anyway. The brilliant episode he was finally jailed for his crime is one of the best soap episodes of the year. The actress playing Celine, who seemed to be an afterthought compared to Cleo and Porsche (whose exit will be a devastating loss) has proven herself to be just as strong an addition as her sisters. The tragedy and pain that came out of her character during the Gloved Hand was probably the strongest part of the story. When the new McQueen additions were first announced, I was extremely hasty, but I'm glad I have been eating spoonfuls of crow for many months.

Lastly, the Patrick/Peri episode should be praised as well. It was so unexpected to see these two compare notes on their vastly different situations. That the writers found that they could connect them two in such powerful scenes was genius.

And Carl, I think you asked before about the Lovedays? Well, as far as I'm concerned, they have not put a foot wrong so far. Continuing with the wonderful twists, that Lisa (Kiza Deen quickly showing herself to be a prize for this show) is actually some Sonia Albright whose sister is now being fostered by the Osbornes and the real Lisa is still out there just shows itself to be such a layered story. You should really watch the Loveday flashback episode. Speaking of, did you enjoy Rachel Leskovac (Natasha Blakeman) on Corrie, because shortly after this episode aired, the show announced that she'd be a regular. Her presence is sure to throw a spanner in the works for the Lovedays, so I hope she isn't a pill.

Edited by Bright Eyes

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...