Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Toups

Big Brother 10: Discussion Thread

Wow, this really has been the best season of Big Brother. I liked that the show returned to its roots and had all complete strangers.

Dan and Memphis are the best final 2. I think Dan has worked the hardest so I'm rooting for him (even though he's a lousy actor).

I completely agree.

I couldnt disagree more.

I thinka ll three played the EXACT same game. None of them played better or worse than the other and thats what made those three so compelling. They would shake it up when they needed it, play it safe when they could, and play enough of your my friend but we dont hgave a deal as they could.

As usual, we completely disagree... :lol:

Dan was the better speaker and definitely had better answers.

Memphis couldn't even answer Renny's question. LOL

I loved how Dan threw Memphis under the bus when Dan said maybe Memphis didn't want to win the final HOH.

I hope Dan wins 4-3.

Dan: Renny, Keesha, Libra, Michelle

Memphis: April, Jerry, Ollie (I can see April pulling Ollie's balls)

YEEES!!!!!!!!!!!!! What a fabulous season!! WOOHOO!! Congrats Dan!! One of my favorite players ever! He's right up there with Dr. Will. :)

Go Dan! FINALLY a winner I like. I think Will is the only one I loved throughout his season that actually won. He embarassed Memphis in the jury questions.

Renny sure was milking her airtime? She took 5 minutes to enter and sitdown and then decided to give a long speech during her vote. I wanted Julie to tell her to shut up, vote and sit down! Love ya Renny!

I cant beleive the 3rd prize money was between Keesha and Jerry! I hated them and Renny so deserved that. I was hoping she'd be more loved

YES! I am soooo happy.

Jerry's cold acceptance into the jury house was hilarious. :lol: I despise him. Even in the reunion, he was still annoying as fluck and talking out of his ass. Just shut up already!!!!!!!!!

I somehow feel like if things had gone differently, Michelle would have won.

SOOOO glad Keesha got the America's Favorite Juror prize.

Memphis's answers to the juror's questions.....WTF??!! He didn't even answer them half the time!

Seeing Libra tonight, it made me remember how much I liked her before she went ape crazy bananas.

Renny's "I'm voting for..." speech was OFF THE CHAIN!!!!!!!!! That's a classic moment right there.

Stephen shoulda bitchslapped Jerry. I know he wanted to. <_< Jerry's old pompous ass is such a hypocrite....but then again, I think we have already established that.

Brian was semi-right when he said Dan/Memphis didn't make this game personal, with attacks and such. Memphis did by attacking Jerry, but that was considered standing up for himself, I assume. Besides that....he was right on. The rest of the houseguests.....SOOOO glad they got called out on their poor ass behavior! Especially AprilSlutbag and Michelle.

I hate April. <_< That damn 24/7 fake smile gets on my nerves. And of course, she and Ollie had to disrupt the order of the chairs just to sit by one another. It should have been April, Michelle, then Ollie....but they swapped to April, Ollie, Michelle. <_< She was prolly jacking him off the whole time. Ho-bag.

I'm sad that Angie didn't get to talk AT ALL!!!!

I'm glad the truth finally came out that AMERICA voted Jessie out...NOT Dan.

Wish they would have established that Monica is REAL and not fake like others *ahem*OllieMichelleAprilJerry*ahem* assumed.

-----------------------------

Gah, that was great! :D

Big Brother made Jerry look like a fool. :lol:

True, I'm happy Dan won. He's a TRUE Big Brother player, nothing personal but just game all the time. Loved it . Now's it's time for my next guilty pleasure....The Amazing Race!!

Dan is brilliant. I loved how he was always thinking of the game. :)

EW.com interview: http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2008/09/bb-10-winner-da.html

Now let’s talk about when you won against Ollie. We at home were pretty suspicious that you were the only one wearing a hooded jacket during what turned out to be a very wet challenge. Ollie said he was half-nude. How is it possible you knew to wear a jacket?

I’m been waiting for this question. In this game, it’s not about being bigger or stronger, it’s about being smarter. I knew we hadn’t done an endurance competition yet with any kind of liquid, so I decided why not wear a jacket to be prepared? Sometimes I carry out a long sleeve shirt and throw it aside if I don’t need it. This was the one case where I got lucky with it. There was a lot of speculation that producers told me to wear it. Being a Big Brother fan I was suspicious about how involved the producers were, but there was no funny business. No one told me to wear a jacket.

TvGuide ONline interview: http://www.tvguide.com/news/big-brother-dan/080917-01

TVGuide.com: When did you decide that it was the right moment to stop playing the "weak" strategy?

Dan: I needed to wait for a challenge that I knew I could win. When I looked at April winning the earthquake challenge, she impressed a lot of people. So I knew if I was going to win an endurance challenge, I had to pick my mark, and I did when I got up on that vine. Plus, I had just won the veto right before that. Once you win competitions, there's no turning back, so I knew I had to pick something that I could control my own will. Luckily I was able to talk good ol' Ollie into dropping.

TVGuide.com: When he took you off, he then evicted alliance member Keesha. Did he know how much of a bad guy you were painting him as to Keesha?

Dan: I talked to Memphis and told him I was going to have to throw him under the bus. But I don't think he realized I was going to throw him under the bus, run him over, put in reverse and keep running him over back and forth. That's exactly what I did, and I had to take that opportunity. When he voted Keesha out, that was my glimmer of hope to win — prior to that I didn't think I had a chance.

TVGuide.com: Obviously, the big moment for you was backdooring Michelle because you said she was strong. But we only saw her win one competition. Was it actually more to get in Ollie's head?

Dan: It was a definite combination of both. When Michelle was in that competition with April, she hung up there for what seemed like days. She proved to a lot of people that in a test of will's Michelle is going to win, and that scared a lot of people, me included. I knew if she got to the end, she'd be fighting tooth and nail and could probably beat me. She was strong in competitions, not so much in manipulating people, but she would've been tough to beat down the line. As for Ollie, he stabbed me and Brian in the back in Week 1, and I told Brian I would take out Ollie and Jerry for him. It's a game, and what goes around comes around.

TVGuide.com: You told the jury you did that to ensure that you were disliked so Memphis would take you to the end. I smell some teacher Dan rhetoric.

Dan: [Laughs] Did you ever see me work any rhetoric in the house? I didn't do that kind of stuff in the house, did I? [Laughs] I knew I pushed the limits of that roulette game a little too far. I got a little borderline overconfident, and I knew I had to put a strategic spin on it, and lucky for me it worked. I always prepared in the house, whether it was for competitions or speeches, and this was no different. I was able to cover my tracks a little because I did get out of hand, but luckily I had a chance to redeem myself in the eyes of the jury.