Cat

Love of Life Discussion Thread

I'm so happy to see this article found - I never got to see it before, and having people remember, and give me the chance to recapture these key chapters in my life is very precious and appreciated!  - Amanda (AKA Andrea Martin)

19 hours ago, Musical Soap Lady said:

I'm so happy to see this article found - I never got to see it before, and having people remember, and give me the chance to recapture these key chapters in my life is very precious and appreciated!  - Amanda (AKA Andrea Martin)

I’m glad you liked the article Amanda.  I asked some people on FB (a group of fans of classic soaps) whether anyone saw you on Love of Life.  One man did remember seeing you when he watched with his mother.  He thought that your character’s catchphrase was “suit yourself.”   He sent his regards and is going to tell his mother, who will be pleased to be reminded of you. 

Another said this:  I really liked her. Lynn Nelson was Tammy's illegitimate daughter who at first tried to corrupt Tammy's stepdaughter Sandy. Linc Porter disliked Lynn until she got the goods on a crime syndicate infiltrating the Carlson Paper Company. Linc died and Lynn married Henry Carlson's respectable nephew Jeff.

Edited by jam6242

I kept trying and trying to figure out who the woman at the end of the V8 ad is. Is it Tudi Wiggins?

5 hours ago, DRW50 said:

I kept trying and trying to figure out who the woman at the end of the V8 ad is. Is it Tudi Wiggins?

I believe it is Tudi.

Thank you! Do you know if anyone else in that commercial is from a soap? I keep thinking I recognize somebody in these...

Billboard reported in 1954 that Roy Winsor was investigating adapting Love of Life for radio. That would be bucking the trend at the time as GL and Road of Life both moved from radio to TV

21 hours ago, DRW50 said:

Thank you! Do you know if anyone else in that commercial is from a soap? I keep thinking I recognize somebody in these...

I don’t recognize anyone from a soap.  I’ve seen the blonde woman in the V-8 ad in a lot of other commercials.  I think the man in the first commercial was Will Rogers, Jr.

I don't know much about Love of Life,, so please forgive me.   I read on another thread that Bernard Hughes played Dr. Otto Kreisinger  on Love of LIfe.   It this the neighbor who developed an obsession with Barbara (played by Lee Lawson)?