Cat

Love of Life Discussion Thread

danfling   
On ‎7‎/‎4‎/‎2008 at 9:12 AM, Sylph said:

Has anyone here heard about Frank Provo and John Pickard?

On ‎7‎/‎4‎/‎2008 at 9:12 AM, Sylph said:

Has anyone here heard about Frank Provo and John Pickard?

Yes, I have heard of them.

They were the creators and writers of both Concerning Miss Marlowe and From These Roots (until Procter and Gamble fired them.)

These men were involved in a same-sex romantic relationship.    I understand that Procter and Gamble learned of this and dismissed them.

Afterward, hardly anyone would hire them.  Roy Winsor hired them to write Love of Life.

I do not know what happened to them after they completed their run on Love of Life.   I have found pictures of their house online.

adrnyc   
On 9/3/2017 at 11:45 PM, GSGfan2017 said:

Does Ms. Kemp appear with Christopher Reeve in this video?  In any case, may they both rest in peace.

Yes, that it is Elizabeth. She was one of my professors at The Actors Studio Drama School. In case the articles don't mention, she had a quick battle with cancer. I so wish more of her time on Love of Life was available online. I had seen that video before, and in fact, sent it to her while still at school. She had very fond memories of working on the show, and with Chris.

DRW50   
11 minutes ago, adrnyc said:

Yes, that it is Elizabeth. She was one of my professors at The Actors Studio Drama School. In case the articles don't mention, she had a quick battle with cancer. I so wish more of her time on Love of Life was available online. I had seen that video before, and in fact, sent it to her while still at school. She had very fond memories of working on the show, and with Chris.

I wish people had interviewed her about her LOL work. 

I mostly just know her from her brief appearances on Ryan's Hope.

adrnyc   
14 minutes ago, DRW50 said:

I wish people had interviewed her about her LOL work. 

I mostly just know her from her brief appearances on Ryan's Hope.

Thanks for mentioning that. I had no idea she also popped up on RH. I hope to see those episodes at some point. Am currently around 1350, I believe. In fact, I should get off this and go watch "today's" episode. :-)