Love of Life Discussion Thread

• Replies 894
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Gene Bua was sex on a stick; very hot, charismatic, intriguing, and a good actor, too. I'd nominate the pairing of Bill and Tess as one of LOL's best supercouples. They had real, solid chemistry, and killing off Bill was one of those boneheaded moves (like TGL's killing off Maureen Bauer) which greatly damaged the show.

• Members

That brief clip of Bill playing guitar and singing for Tess is one of my favorite rarities from soap history, and it's such a great example of how very romantic, and intimately so, the soaps could be with their couples at the time. I could only imagine how real they felt to viewers at home, and it's really no wonder so many soap couples became real-life couples in the late 60s and early 70s. In order to really play that stuff to the hilt, you couldn't avoid getting so personally invested.

• 7 months later...
  • Members

That story is all about Alan Sterling's real paternity, John Dennis is Alan's real father and Dickson Ridgeway is blackmailing him with a letter stolen from Bruce.

Alan was 14 at the time. I don't know how this was resolved or whether Alan ever found out Bruce was not his father.

Edited by Paul Raven

• 1 month later...