Where the Heart Is 1969-1973

• Members

This past weekend, I caught Priscilla Pointer in "A Nightmare on Elm Street-- Part 3." It hadn't dawned on me who Priscilla Pointer was. It would have been interesting to see her in the role of Adrienne. I hadn't realized Pointer was married to Robert Symonds, who played Will Watts on "Where the Heart Is." I find it a little amusing that Pointer played a psychiatrist while Symonds played a psychiatric patient.

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Variety July 19th 1972

While the character she played on "Where the Heart Is" goes to Rochester to visit a sick aunt, Bibl Osterwald will be in Hollywood to play the male lead's mother in "Bridget Loves Bernie," a CBS-TV primetime newcomer in the fall

• Members

I was going to add that Pricilla Pointer was the mother of Amy Irving, but someone did it before I did. I will add, though, that Amy was the first wife of producer Steven Speilberg, whose second wife is Kate Capshaw (Jinx Mallory #1 on The Edge of Night).

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

I remember Tracy Brooks Swope as a love interest for Jaimie Frame on AW in the early 80s. I had first seen her in episodes of Starsky & Hutch and Baretta, and I was somewhat jazzed that a "prime-time actress" was doing a soap. Unfortunately, her character was a crashing bore and didn't last long. Honestly, she didn't impress me much -- but the show was in such a funk at that point that it may not have been her fault.