Loving/The City Discussion Thread

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I sure did! I watched Tracy's debut, and couldn't shut it off until Desperate Housewives came on. I was right in the middle of the engagement party where Tracy hired the actors to play Quartermaines. LOVED FauxEdward being gay and throwing himself shamelessly at FauxNed!

Jane Elliot looked like she had so much fun on that show!!!

• Members

My biggest memory of Loving is the dynamo performance from Christine Tudor. I'd love to see the entire story again. I still watch the Steffi/Gwen reveal scenes on Youtube. At the time I thought Ameila Heinle was great, I had no idea how she'd turn out on AMC and Y&R.

I didn't care about most of the people on The City, but I started digging the show when Tracy showed up.

Nancy Altman was superb as Deborah. I miss her.

• Members

That is so funny, I mentioned "the other Gwyn" in my orignal post before my computer screwed up and I had to retype it. She was taller and thinner, had long red hair. She was good from what I remember, she was a sexier Gwyn. She had a seductive, mellifluous voice. Kind of reminds me of how Anita Morris replaced Bette Midler in the Down and Out in Beverly Hills sitcom. Or for a soap example, I guess she was the Elaine Princi to Tudor's Robin Strasser? Capable and perfectly watchable/passable, just not "the real deal." This was long before I was familiar with the term, but she was sort of "pod Gwyn" to me.

• Members

Yes! Jeremy, Ceara, Angie, Frankie, Pat, Jesse lookalike Jacob all came to Loving in contract roles (except for Pat). There was an AMC crossover with Dinah Lee and Hannah, Myrtle came to Loving too. Joey Buchanan on OLTL once mentioned Corinth, but I don't believe there were any Loving/OLTL crossovers until Loving became The City and Alex worked with Bo. Another The City/AMC crossover was when Jackson Montgomery would visit, he had a flirtation/history with Sydney.

Edited by SFK