Loving/The City Discussion Thread

• Members

I was watching Bryan Cranston's episode on TALKING with Chris Hardwick yesterday.

He mentioned being on Loving for a couple of years, and during the trivia segment he said that the cast started calling the show "Leaving" since so many people were fired at the end of their 13 week contract. 

"Leaving"

Please register in order to view this content

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Thanks for finding that. Wow - that's a big episode. Never thought I'd see it. I'd seen photos of the Ava Wizard of Oz fantasy and always wanted to see it. I had no idea it was in the same episode as Cabot's funeral. Kind of disrespectful isn't it?

I didn't realize Chip Albers and the Alex recast were both still around at this time.

Isabelle really rocks the widow's weeds.

Edited by DRW50

• Members

Cabot's funeral seemed rushed and hollow to me. I didn't really feel anything from the episode. I was more interested in Ava/Carly or Trisha/Trucker to care about Cabot as sadly as that is. 

Was Carly the sister that Ava bought a baby from and tried to pass on her own, or was that another sister? 

Wasn't Trisha close to Cabot? If so, that was a weird choice to not have her at his funeral. Was Jack/Stacey there or was this after Jack was declared dead? So many people were missing from Cabot's funeral, and I am pretty sure the show had enough of budget then to bring back all characters needed for Cabot's funeral. 

I am gonna save the other episode for tomorrow to enjoy. 

• Members

Another Loving era! These episodes look a little bit wilder than usual. The dramatic funeral clothes, Ava's fantasy (inspired by Nola's fantasies?), the Clay/Gwyneth scene with the knife, Trisha's baby drama etc.  If these episodes were from 1995, I'd say that they were inspired by JER's Days.