• Replies 413
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 months later...
  • Members

I had to bump this thread, because I finally found a longer version of Stone's death theme. :lol:

It's from the ABC Afterschool Special Positive: A Journey Into AIDS, produced by Wendy Riche and Shelley Curtis. It detailed Kimberly McCullough and Michael Sutton finding out more about HIV/AIDS and the storyline at the time. The almost 3 minute version of the theme kicks in about the last 3 minutes of this clip, it starts at about the time Francesca James (then GH's Supervising Producer) is talking to Kimberly and Michael about their final scene together.

This score is simply AMAZING, and probably the best score I've ever heard on a soap.

Edited by Y&RWorldTurner

• Members

OLTL's music in the 80's was OUTSTANDING. Thank you Paul Rauch and Score Productions. Very contemporary and very keyboard synth heavy (80's). It added so much to the show. You can see it all on Youtube.

Like everything else on ABC now- OLTL's music is so bland and generic. I do not watch AMC or GH so I have to right to say anything regarding those shows.

Best music ever- Y&R's library of amazing, lush, Douglas Sirk style background music.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE bring the whole catalog back. Such a waste. I hate Y&R's music now.

• Members

Not to jump on the bandwagon, but I am a HUGE fan of film scores (any time anybody wants to post about that, I'm game) and am always attuned to what Daytime is doing with its BG music.

I post about it from time to time, but I thought I was the only one who loved that stuff! :lol:

Douglas Sirk style -- that is a great way of describing it. I used to call it Y&R's film noir score. I wish they hadn't tossed it. So tense, so sinister.

B&B has some great pieces, Toups! I know B&B sucks right now so I won't force you to watch it, LOL. I guess the music has kind of been devalued by the cavalier, flippant crap they throw at the screen.

GH used to have some seriously great BG music back in the 70s and 80s. I guess they had to replace it because it was perceived as dated (it sounded like the BG music to 70s movies like All the President's Men or Klute).

Santa Barbara had some beautiful stuff, especially Mason & Julia's theme. But it was VERY 80s, very synth-based.

You know which show had great BG music (and still does sometimes)? Days.

Edited by Cat

• Members

I don't think he's "at" AMC as much as the show has bought some of his material. That's an enormous list of composers just for one show. So I just think Pilato and Walker bought some pieces he composed as well as others, rather than Davich specifically writing music for AMC.

• Webmaster

ABC should return the After school specials as a message to teenagers if they want to really educate and capture that audience while providing them with "engaging" and "thoughtful" storytelling. The viewing of the Stone/Robin special was so moving to me and it was so well done. I am dreaming of a Wendy Riche return to ABC Daytime, whether through GH or an executive level.

• Administrator

Thank you so much for posting that, Alvin! I had no idea there was a Special on this storyline. I really want to see the entire storyline and wish someone would upload edits of it.

I agree with you. It's one of the best scores I've ever heard on a soap, along with "Roman's theme" on DAYS. Marty is so brilliant - I can't say that enough.

• Members

I have only heard Martys work on DAYS and I think he's overrated. I'm probably the only DAYS-fan that like Corday and Brents music more (if you don't count their work these past 5 years).

From Martys work on DAYS there are only a few scores I like. One of them is Stefanos 80s theme, in this clip it starts to play at 2:57

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpMtvulo1iU

Edited by Sindacco