Search For Tomorrow Discussion Thread (Anyone Watching?)

JackPeyton

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I am, that and AW. The episodes airing now are from September 1985, so the serial killer and flood episodes will be coming soon(Spoilers I guess lol). I remember watching these episodes and remembered the circus storyline very well, but I always thought uncle Oscar had a beard don't ask me why.

• Members

How far did you get into Search. Did you get past Warren's death?

I recommend picking it up again, Both Search and Texas are about to come into great periods thanks to good writers. If you are interested I know of a site where you could read some recaps.

• Members

With Search I got past that murder party Stu and Jo threw where Suzi shot Justine. Justine was in the hospital in the last episode I saw. I've been waiting all these months to see if she lived or died! I know from IMDB that she left the show, but I'm not sure if it was by death. For some reason I LOVED that character and she was a big part in my enjoyment of the show. I also loved Sherry Mathis as Liza, who also left. :(

• Members

Ok, well Justine did live and sadly was not written for after her shooting and left Henderson. They had hinted that she and Quinn McCleary would become an item but Search got new head writers and that never happened. Shelly was great the only Liza to me, but Louan Gideon is ok though.

• Members

I hated Louann Gideon as Liza. Way too perky. I enjoyed Search during the Warren/Wendy/Suzi storyline. That was one sizzling triangle. Stopped watching after that, and then picked it up again around the time of the flood. Back in the 80s, Search was considered one of those fading, untrendy, unstable shows to steer clear from, with horrible ratings, endless HW and EP changes, lack of focus, ratings stunts, large amount of cast turnovers, etc. Looking at the state of soaps today, those traits seem to be the norm.

• Members

I agree totally, and I wish that these things did not happen I mean I do love big stunts but some of the shows go way to far.

I also think there were far better shows in the 80s like Days, GH, Y&R, AMC, heck even AW but I think that the stuff that Search did back then is miles better then what the current soaps are showing us IMO of course. Hell I would take Oscar the psycho clown over Ridge and Brooke round 128 or mob mania any day!

• Members

I have two weeks of the flood on DVD. It was very exciting. JP, from an article I recall reading, this was the last effort to revamp the show. They got new clothes, sets and updated hairstyles and makeup post-flood.

• Members

^Awesome. Im so excited fopr this, because i do relly lik the show but its hard for me to really care about anyone (and the fact that idk wh anyone is or whats going on with them), maybe with this event i will get mor invested.

• Members

Search was great near the end with the revamping. Very tightly focused show. I believe Pam Long and Addie Walsh were responsible for that. But it was up against Y&R and Loving in most markets, and really didn't stand a chance. The only aspect of the show I hated about that era was the brand new opening credits. They're SO 1980s, and I find them cringeworthy!

• Members

OMG! who is this couple? Shes someone kinda famous i guess. shirt, skinny, white, brown hair. wears pink a lot. hes hot and tall and her boyfriend who was going to move but then they brokeup and he walked out the door and she cried and hit the floor.

• Members

OMG! I justw atched a great hour of soap! it was episode # 8781 on aol video!

some chikc named Liza and this other gilr named Sunny got in an argument over this dude. I guess he and sonny were involved but he and liza started a thing. great acting. Now Sunny is out wondering around in the rain all heartbroken.

then there is this manager/producer/dude. He remidns me of cass from AW actually. Well i like him and he i think is involved with this one girl who i also like with brown hair. He is managing this girl with curly brown hair. Lots of bickering going on and i loved it. ohh.. her name is Sarah and i actually find her annoying now, and the guy is named Quinn.

then there were these three girls who were singing and having fun. i thought they were sisters but i guess not. i like all of them as well.

• Members

Search for Tomorrow Episode #8782

Okay, so this chick i love named T.R. is kinda snaky with i think her name is Liza. I'm not sure if Liza is her mom or step mom, but one or the other I'm sure. T.R. is calling her father to tell him what a hussy slut Liza is. T.R.'s dad is named Loyd or summon like that. (i am loving these char's tellin each other by there names! it helps a lot)

Sonny is inside this cafe/bar/type place talking with this old irish dude whom i :wub: Sunny is trying not to cry. awww i love this girl, and i hope her name is sunny, lol.

okay now there are two other people and i have no idea who they are nor do i like them yet.

okay so now that asshat hoe broke sonnys heart is looking for her and he went to a house where i guess his mother is and maybe his sister. the older lady figured out that sunny found out that he is going to marry liza and shares with her daughter and now they are all talking. the mother doesnt seem as happy as the sister.

Quinn just went and got Sarah out of the way and shes being a whinny brat and hes reaking of awesomeness. OMG! his shirt is off and hes a hottie! i kind of like Sarah now, but i really want Quinn with the other girl.

TR didnt tell her dad Liza is a whore, but she should have. I guess Liza is with her dad but hookin up with the dude.

that couple having dinner i didnt like i now like because this odd woman came up trying to get wiuth the dude and the other woman told her 'i really dont like watching a woman lose all her diginity, so goodnight' OH SNAP! owned!

Archived