B&B: The return of Steffy Forrester

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'm looking forward to her, but I just don't want to lose Phoebe in the process. B&B needs more than one younger actress, and I like MacKenzie and what she's brought to the role of Phoebe. Now only if they'd write a non-reality star storyline...

• Members

Mackenzie had said in the past she'd be up to playing both roles, and there have even been photos of her with her hair straightened -- in a Photoshopped family photo with Phoebe and Thomas that sits on Taylor's mantle, and in the B&B 20th anniversary book's family tree - as Steffy. But I guess part of the reason that they went with a second actress is...

And not only that, it costs twice as much when you have to tape with the two twins in the same scene, since you have to film it twice. I remember when Adrienne Frantz was playing both Amber and April, she said they used to have a body double to work with her in such scenes, and they would usually have the body double with her back to the camera. So they would film all the scenes with Amber talking first with the body double as April, then the two would switch and Adrienne would be April and the body double would be Amber, and they'd reshoot all the scenes with April talking. Plus any other actors in the scene (like Rick or Deacon) would have to work extra as well in both scenes, so that the editors could piece it all together. It's a lot of extra work that TPTB might not be willing to do at this stage.

Archived