Ryan's Hope Discussion Thread

• Members

Interesting.  I always wonder what "the true story" is when someone re-writes the past and what they've said about it. Michael was a pretty terrible (read: great) character. He wanted a better life for himself and he didn't care who he was going to screw over to make it happen.  I mean, he set Jack up on Joe's behalf. Jack has lost his job, his reputation, his ability to get any other job in his line of work.  Also, he was sleeping with mother and daughter (is there anything more heinous in soaps?) and telling them both how much he loved and adored them. 

After absolutely nothing happening to Delia in regards to the attempted murder of Barry Ryan, it's nice to see a nasty character get what was coming to them!!  Rae too. 

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

If you want to see it, here it is in all its glory! He starts running at the 25 minute mark of episode 1503. It's some pretty goofy stuff. Plus, they just keep using the same footage over and over again. I couldn't tell if they were trying to make it seem as if he was running laps around the neighborhood or if they were just using the same footage and hoping no one would notice?

• Members

If you have a few hours to kill here is a Bernie Barrow TV-movie from 1981, Senior Trip, with the good and bad of that particular era:

- gorgeous NYC shots

- Scott Baio

- various soap alum who probably deserved better (James Carroll, Randy Brooks, Julia Montgomery)

- Faye Grant of V fame

- the "I'm not going to charge you for sex because you're a sweetie" trope that I'm sure sex workers love

- vile sex pests getting kicked in the balls

- pseudo-spoken word/"inspirational" songs with word salad lyrics

- talented actors who would soon die in their prime of life 

- a story of grooming and predatory behavior from a gay man that is so insidious and shameful I am reminded of just how severe the homophobic backlash of the late '70s and early '80s was.

- a Mickey Rooney cameo 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

For those in the know...the episodes on YouTube I notice in the first 100 or so episodes posted, there’s a lot missing. That I don’t really care about, but I notice a gap between 520 and 600. Is there a way around that? I wanna do a rewatch but I’m trying to figure out that gap.