Ryan's Hope Discussion Thread

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Except that her character had changed from that character.  She's no longer the Delia of IK. RE and the writers had changed Delia and now they've had the character regress in a major way. I no longer care about Delia or what happens to her. Send her off to jail - no sympathy for character whatsoever. And I grew to love Delia. It's an incredibly disappointing regression of a character.

• Members

In my view, I think IK shouldn't have come back to play Delia...the character had morphed and changed in the 3 years that she had been 0layed by Edwards...even with the show teying to regress Dee in 1981, Edwards still didn't play her as totally regressed.  I am curious to see how IK handled playing Delia in 1982 when she still had Crystal Palace since she was vocal about not liking that aspect.

• Members

Am up to episode 1372. Can Ken George Jones just die already? Isn't his 6 month contract up yet?  I can already see where this is headed. Roger is going to get blamed for his death - a nurse stood in the background for almost 5 minutes the other day with a concerned look on her face as Roger made his rounds with Ken. I predict that it will play into the "favor" that Barry is going to call in to Faith in return for him not pressing charges against her for hitting him with her car. Except she didn't hit him; it was Delia who made it look like it was Faith. The Labine's really have hit their limit with storylines, haven't they?

In positive news though, I'm loving the flirtation between Michael and Rae. He's SUPER dreamy, and I'm loving his character more and more. It's a fun Pygmalion storyline with the two of them. Kimberly having the role taken away from her and being made understudy? The new lead actress should watch her back. (And her legs...I think someone is about to break them.)

I can see how people would have complaints around this time in regards to the Ryan family....they're gone!  The only child still in NYC is Frank. We rarely see Maeve and Johnny anymore. Everything these days revolves around Barry Ryan/Delia and KGJ/Jill.  I'll be glad when they move on from these storylines. (However, since I'm watching old school soap, I don't expect them to move on for at least a year. HA!)