Ryan's Hope Discussion Thread

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

She also plays Rachel's mom on Crazy Ex Girlfriend. She's had two hysterical songs so far.

She's in this one, but it's mostly Patti Lupone singing: 

This one is all her and it is amazing: 

Edited by GH_Girl

• Members

Jenny Rebecca Dweir (little Ryan #2)  updated website for Karuna Healing and her psychotherapy practice in Colorado

https://www.jennyhecht.com/

A moment of self-compassion can change your entire day. A string of such moments can change the course of your life.” 

Please register in order to view this content

Jenny as Ryan

Edited by safe

• Members

Helen Gallagher (Maeve) - A more recent photo from 2016 video about the HB Studios (HB Studio is one of the original New York acting studios) -- where Helen still teaches

Please register in order to view this content

• Members

I'm currently re-watching early RH on YT and it's so damn good it feels like the viewing equivalent of a good workout. "Here, sweetie, you're looking a little wan, have some Ryan's Hope to add pep to your step."

The Frank/Jill/Seneca and Delia/Pat/Faith stories feel like real stories driven by the characters, not exercises in geometry. Such great writing, such a strong cast. Amazing.

• Members

I just had to go somewhere to write this where someone would appreciate it.  I just finished watching episode 1294 -  OH MY GOD!!  Such a great soap. I was on my feet yelling at the TV "Is this really happening?!" Kim finally gave Frank and Jillian EVERYTHING! I said out loud, to no one but my dog, "That means tomorrow - we're going to see Frank confront Rae...and that means that, holy crap, July is going to be an intense sweeps month for Ryan's Hope!" I actually force myself to only watch one episode a day M-F (unless I'm behind) - it's how I've watched the whole thing and I've never been so tempted to just go ahead and watch another episode.  But that's why I love soaps...the suspense waiting for it.

Kudos to the writers for using this a reason for Jill to have to go to London with KJG alone. I'm warming to him - I certainly find the actor charming. So I guess I can see why Jillian does too. I suspect he's dying or something though.

Also, I'm afraid I may be seeing Sarah Felder's final scenes as Siobhan? She says she needs to get away for awhile and is going to visit Pat. I'm fear she's gonna come back with a new face.

• Members

Yeah, that's it for Sarah. Someone who claimed to know Sarah had posted on the SOAPnet forum and said Sarah found out she was being let go when she saw "Siobhan" actresses around the studio there to audition. 

Siobhan ( played by Ann Gillespie) returns home in January of 1981 

• Members

Thanks for letting me know. At least there's a half a year in between the switch, unlike the Mary's or the Frank's! Perhaps it will give me some time to "grieve". I really loved her Siobhan. And perhaps I'll like others. I didn't mind a couple of the Mary's so much, and Frank has gotten better with each recast so far as I'm concerned. I'm sad I'll never get to see this Siobhan and Jack get something started.