• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

OK, so back to season 5...

Blake & Jennifer Cavilleri... errr Lady Ashley .. are like, having an emotional thing. krystal is having a side thing with rock hudson, who i guess is sammy jos bio dad?... idk. i ignore anything krystal related.

alexis is with dex and she knows somethings up with him and amanda. she arranged a marriage between amanda and that prince. amanda/dex is hawt.

steven/luke <3 Blake just told Alexis about Luke and she offered him a job. I love alexis.

jeff is with this annoying nikki girl who needs to die and adam is trying to move on that bore claudia who is like anti divorce from steven for some reason.

this is my fave season overall so far.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

The show had extremely crappy writing over most of its run...

The dialogues were fun and some characters, too. But the writing left much to be desired. Overall the last season which is very un-Dynasty-like (and penned by someone from DALLAS, if I remember correctly) is the best. In between is some good stuff but the show is very uneven, IMO.

• Members

Heather Locklear was on two primetime shows at the time, Dynasty and T.J. Hooker. She was one of the lead roles on Hooker from 1982-1985 for 4 seasons. Thats why Sammy Jo appeared sporadically on Dynasty as a semi-regular. She did not become a full time cast memmber till 1985. We're lucky they let her remain part time and worked around her schedule, writing Sammy Jo in for a few episodes here and there rather than dumpnig Locklear and recasting the role. Considering the troubles they had with females, I cringe at what could have happened to the character, had they gone that route.

Edited by Cheap21

• Members

IA. Once she got full time status, they realized they had to tone her down to give her some actual iability. The nasty stuff she did and the way she acted was alright before bc she didnt stick for too long to deal with the consequences. She was used to spice up other stoiryliens and make the other characters more interesting and she was amazing in that capacity. Her redemption took alot out of her that made her fun. I still loved her and enjoyed watching her, but she was a much better character pre-season 6.

• Members

I think the Massacre killed Dynasty. I mean where could you go from there? But part of the problem was the recast of Amanda. Catherine was Amanda. She was let go and recast with a horrible actress. The show had a different feeling with her in the role. I thought the show was stilll good up to season 9 excluding all the UFO mess and Ben(Blake's brother...the whole Season 6 Cliffhanger(Blake choking Alexis..lol..that was so cheesy and most of the Ben storywas awful).. I think the Ben mess along with that cliffhanger made Dynasty go downhill even faster. Season 8 was somewhat ok with Sean and the revelation that he was Kirby's brother and Joseph's son. Krystal leaving was truly the end of Dynasty.

Then there was the awful Roger Grimes case with Fallon. .Then Sable was brought over with her daughter Monica. Sable vs Alexis was good but didnt come close to what Krystal vs Alexis was. Anyways The Colbys had been cancelled and they brought in the dead weight on Dynasty. And dont get me started on Season 9 cliffhanger of Dynasty. Dex and Alexis falling off a balcony...geesh...even the actors said it was cheesy bad.

The recast Adam was awful!

• Members

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ber5znW3Gss?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;color1=0xffffff&amp;color2=0xffffff"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ber5znW3Gss?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;color1=0xffffff&amp;color2=0xffffff"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ber5znW3Gss?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;color1=0xffffff&amp;color2=0xffffff" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

• Members

Amanda wasnt recast after the massacre. Oxenberg remained on the show for the entire season that followed and the role wasnt recasted till season 7.

You thought season 8 was good? That was Dybnasty at its worse. I hated Sean and his story seemed like a rehash of what we've alerady seen before. Tying him to Kirby, the most boring character in Dynasty history just added to the mess that he was.

Season 9 was much better than it in so many ways. I thought the Grimes case was written pretty well and it was a very good use of history. Fallon and the cop were an unlikely pair but worked well together. I loved the growing cloesness between Fallon and Krystina in this season and their finale at the end.

• 1 month later...