Dynasty Discussion Thread

• Members

The one that almost made me say something was when they said Elvera Roussel played "Susan Bates Spaulding" on GL, a character who arrived 12 years after Elvera's character was written out. I kept it zipped because some uploaders flip out when they're corrected.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Really interesting interview, isn't it?

I think Gordon's view of Joan vs. Linda is probably right on...it's a very interesting comment that he thinks John Forsyth was in love with Linda (by himself, quietly), and that Joan was jealous of how everyone loved Linda despite Linda being a wholly mediocre actress but a lovely person.

Gordon went to McGill University - Canada's finest university, which explains his exceptional diction. I thought it was really sweet that the two Steven's got him to see a surgeon about his ankle. 

And of course I love his take on the reboot. He loves to swear and does it beautifully. I hope has happier days ahead, for he does sound a bit sad and lonely. 

Edited by DaytimeFan

• Members

Linda had a crush on John when she did a guest spot on Bachelor Father in 1960; it's hard to imagine that John didn't feel flattered. I believe she was very happy when he replaced George Peppard (who apparently wasn't all that pleasant) in the pilot.

• Members

I have a feeling Linda Evans wasn't the only one happy about George Peppard's departure.  Apparently he wasn't pleasant on many sets.  I remember his A-Team co-star Melinda Culea saying he was horrible to her on that show and that led to her being fired.  She later went on to Knots Landing.

• Members

DYNASTY's PR, including Esther Shapiro's never-ending BS machine (her mouth), was so, so, SO very good. You see some of the print ads or something like this and think -- my God, this is going to be amazing. And then you tune in and it's 95% crapola. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

I love how thoroughly he trashed the reboot and rightfully so. It's one thing when Dallas had a reboot, but it featured several core actors from the original show and was really more of a continuation. This has next to no ties to the original show. Plus, Dynasty was a byproduct of the 1980s...the glamour, the excess...it could never exist in another era. Finally, what kind of an insult is it that the show will air on the CW? Ouch.

• 3 months later...