• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

Started Season 7 a few days ago (along with The Colbys Season 2) and it will be interesting to see the differences (or similarities) between the two. I'm up to episode 4 of each.

So far it's quite obvious the new Amanda doesn't fit. Meanwhile, it's good to see Wayne Northop again, but I'm not sure they'll be able to do much there. If I remember correctly, he had a lot of promise in the beginning but nothing came of it.

Sammy Jo and Ted McGinley's character appear to be separated in a world of their own, Steven is just background filler so far, along with Adam, Dominique and a few others.

I'll hold off on commenting until I'm further along in the season.

• Members

Dominique's story is so islanded and very half-assed. I'm a little fuzzy on what I watched this past summer, but there was virtually no reason for her to keep her baby daddy in the dark about her daughter's paternity. And speaking of the daughter, isn't she supposed to be around 18? She looked 13. 

• Members

It's odd because if you look at pictures of Troy Byer at the time she definitively could've pulled off young-adult/sex kitten, yet they dressed her like a 13 year old. I think they might've been afraid that dressing her older and having her act like an adult would age Dominique?

• Members

I wasn't a fan of Kirby either. Having finally seen The Reunion miniseries this past weekend, I'm surprised they chose her as (Faux)Adam's endgame. 

All in all, it's funny how all the Carrington children were recast at some point, even Adam with the reunion. I wonder if at the time they were making plans for the reunion, they might've entertained the idea of bringing back Catherine Oxenberg as Amanda? It was wonderful seeing the original Steven all those years later.

Steven's return in the form of Al Corley makes me wonder what the total list would be for soaps that have brought back an original actor after the character's transformation into a recast was explained by plastic surgery? I can think of ATWT's Lily, OLTL's Max, DAYS' Phillip.... 

• Members

Aw, I loved Kirby! I couldn't take her in the beginning, but as she toughened up a bit after her experiences with Adam and Jeff, I started to appreciate her. They wrote her out at just the right time. I don't know if she would have worked in the long-term because then she would have just become a weepy-eyed heroine, but for the few seasons she was on, she had some forward progression as a character and then she was gone. Perfect, IMO.