Models Inc. Discussion Thread

dm.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 months later...
  • Members

Garcelle Beauvais first appeared as Cynthia in the fifth episode, but she didn't become a series regular until episode 9 after Heather Hedway (Stephanie) had left the show.

After that, they changed the opening twice: In episode 12 Brian Gaskill (David) was removed and the group shot of the cast walking down a street in Melrose style was altered, and in episode 20 Emma Samms (Grayson) joined as "Special Guest Star". Because of that, "Starring in alphabetical order" after Linda Gray's shot was replaced by a simple "And..."

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

So far I watched the first 8 episodes – and I don't understand why "Models Inc." wasn't more popular back then considering it was basically a Melrose Place clone, only that the cast members were better-looking (minus Brian Gaskill and that dude playing Linda's boyfriend).

Of course the revelation that Stephanie was Teri's murderer was kind of lame, because it was pretty obvious from the beginning that it was her. She was always shown drinking at work and was acting all kinds of crazy.

I really like Carrie, Linda, Julie and Brian. Cynthia hasn't been featured much yet, she's only appeared in a couple of scenes and hasn't had much dialogue. But she's definitely the prettiest of them all.

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I'm finally done watching "Models Inc." and it was a fun ride. I was quite impressed how racy this show was – the sex scenes on "Melrose Place" were tame compared to those on "Models Inc."!

While some storylines were great, others fell completely flat. For example when Carrie pretended to be Hillary and was committed to a mental hospital by that evil doctor who wanted to marry Hillary just for her money. That story made no sense and was resolved in a very strange way.

During the second half, several characters were underused – Linda, Eric, Carrie, even Brian and Hillary. In turn, two recurring characters, Adam and Craig, were featured heavily. Julie, Sarah, Monique and of course Grayson carried most of the stories.

Grayson was such a bitch. While I usually like these characters better than the good ones, I had absolutely no sympathy for Grayson. She was just too mean and therefore got on my nerves most of the time. I just wanted her to die – which she thankfully eventually did. Another character I loathed was Julie's step sister Anna who tried to seduced Craig and Brian, but failed miserably. By the way, the actor playing Craig was so unattractive. He reminded me of a caveman crossbred with a wannabe blonde surfer.

Here's my ranking of the characters:

01. Monique (Stephanie Romanov)

02. Julie (Kylie Travis)

03. Carrie (Carrie-Anne Moss)

04. Linda (Teresa Hill)

05. Adam (James Wilder)

06. Cynthia (Garcelle Beauvais)

07. Brian (Cameron Daddo)

08. Sarah (Cassidy Rae)

09. Hillary (Linda Gray)

10. Stephanie (Heather Medway)

11. Craig (Don Michael Paul)

12. David (Brian Gaskill)

13. Eric (David Goldsmith)

14. Grayson (Emma Samms)

• Members

Yes, it did end with a cliffhanger during the original run in the US, but for the international market an extended ending (roughly 3 minutes) was filmed. Grayson died in the church, Hillary told the models that she was closing down Models Inc., Craig proposed to Julie and she accepted, and then Hillary switched the lights off at Models Inc.

I just took some screencaps of the extended ending:

j5wcpv.jpg

• Members

No, that was indeed poor Carrie's final scene. That woman was such a loser and mentally unstable – but I still liked her. Somehow she reminded me of Melrose's Kimberly. Maybe if Models Inc. had continued, she would have placed bombs at the beach house some day LOL

• 8 months later...
  • Members

Sigh. If only this show was better. I just love the concept of the modelling agency and the beach house, where they ALL live together.

Not that its boringness has ever stopped me from watching it again and again. I love it with all my heart! But it would have been so cool had it been great.

As it was, the characters, writing and ACTING were (mostly) way too bland, cliche and often bad for it to ever work. Not to mention how much of a MELROSE copy it was.

Archived