• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Members

I watched the first disc of 90210 s5 and I must say I remember the season opener being bad, but not that bad. It didn't get good until the end with Valerie smokin a joint in her room. The second episode is better but I don't like how all of the sudden Val is so chummy with the gang, I mean she just met Andrea and she's going to her babies party, and taping it, WTF? And I wish Jennie Garth would have been able to get over her happiness that Shannen was gone long enough to actually act during the first couple of episodes. Any time someone said Brenda, she would get this annoying smirk on her face and then giggle slightly. And now I remember why I was so glad when Dylan left, he turned into such a whiny little bitch in s5. Oh and the last two episodes on the first disc are definitely must see!

• 2 months later...
  • Members

Um, ok, now you've got *me* all hot and bothered about BranDylan!

Seriously, though. Before Kelly/Dylan/Brenda, there was Brandon/Dylan/Brenda. Jason Priestley and Shannen Doherty had a decidedly flirty, non-sibling chemistry. And then Brandon and Dylan started "hanging out" -- I believe Brandon even tried to save Dylan from his heavy-partying lifestyle. Brenda must have got jealous because then Dylan and Brenda started "hanging out" -- I'll always remember the episode when she came back from an afternoon with Rebel Without a Clue and Brandon was all shocked, like "You've been hanging out with my friend Dylan?" Brenda responds: "No. My friend Dylan." Meow! :lol:

What a tangled web of illicit feelings!

Edited by Cat

• Members

Oh God, one of the episodes that I missed was Dylan's first appearance. I watched like the first twenty or so minutes of it...like, right up until the part where Brandon is hanging with Dylan and his friends at night. I'm always trying to find the time to watch the rest of it lol

I think they all wanted a piece of ol Dylan. Why do you think Jim was so against him at first? He didn't like the feelings Dylan was making him feel!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

SOAPnet started season 5 about a week ago and I'm enjoying it so far...I actually like it a tad bit better than season four, which is a surprise because I was ready for the sky to fall once Brenda left.

~ Brandon was such a douche throughout most of season four. From the moment he and Steve had that beach house in the very beginning of season 4, he just became so....un-Brandon. The stuff surrounding Josh Richland's death brought him back to good old Brandon for me, the Brandon that had the ability to just make me cry like a little bitch. He's better this season, but there's one thing that's annoying the [!@#$%^&*] out of me, and that would be...

~ Kelly. I just plain hate her. Really. Reeeeeeally. Her interest in Brandon is about a gallon of style and an ounce of substance, pretty much. She's so superficial! When Brandon was all emo after Josh's death, all she could do was look at him, touch him, feel him up, and nudge towards the bed. Slut. She had no idea how to make him feel better without [!@#$%^&*] him. And then she thinks she's the [!@#$%^&*], as if she's some supreme being. No, girlfriend!

~ Steve has been sort of in the background so far, it seems. Doesn't he get with Clare later on down the line? And what's the deal with him and Val? He set his eyes on her, and suddenly he acts as if they're engaged or something.

~ Andrea. Oh, God. Why did Carteris plead with TPTB to write in her pregnancy? Andrea even hates her for having them write in the pregnancy. She's so disconnected from everybody else, and it's just....wwwwwhy is she still there. It's sad because I loved Andrea all throughout the high school years and the beginning of the college years, but once she got with Jesse and got pregnant, she went downhill.

~ Dylan. What a wreck! He's hooked on drugs because he doesn't know how to tell Brandon that he loves him. Okay, thank you, goodbye.

~ David and Donna. Zzzzzzzz. Why are men attracted to Donna? She's a complete and total ditz, she's not that bright, and let's face it, she's not the prettiest girl at California U. And plus she's keeping her legs closed, so...what is it? The only thing I appreciate about Donna right now is that she's great for laughs (however unintentional), and if not for her, we wouldn't see the gorgeous Ray Pruit, who just turns.me.on.

~ Jesse. Pointless and boring. He ruined Andrea. He does NOT fit in at all. I hate how everyone acts as if they're friends with him, but it's like......okay, and how do Jesse and Donna know each other? They barely share scenes, but they're "friends?"

~ Valerie. LOVES her. The second I saw her lighting up that blunt in Brenda's room, I was on Team Val all the way. All. The. Way! The stuff with her and Dylan was kinda dull but hilarious at the same time...they had tons of sex in just a couple of episodes.

~ Jim and Cindy. I wish they were on more, simply because Jim is so lame and Cindy....well she's just Cindy.

All and all, I'm liking things so far. I loathe Brandon and Kelly, though, as a couple. I hate that Shannen leaving meant that Jennie Garth got second billing, and thus making it seem as if Brandon and Kelly are the "stars" of the show. Gag.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Cokeheads Kelly and Colin are hilarious!

Donna's latest boytoy, Joe, is so delicious. Why is it that she always gets these hotties? She ain't much!

I think I can appreciate the show in both forms. I love the high school/family drama of the first four seasons or so, but at the same time, I'm also loving this slightly campy, MP-esque stuff that we're seeing now on SOAPnet. It actually does make me itch for some good old MP, but that ship has sailed...ugh.