Another World Discussion Thread

Ilovedays

• Members

My Favorite Another World Storylines

I grew up with Another World and Days of our Lives. My earliest memories of Another World were the multi colored rings during the 70's/early 80's opening and Bill Wolfe's Voice over. I didnt really start paying attention to the show until 1983. I watched Another World from 1983 until the end. I currently watch Another World on PG/AOL Video, and love it. Here are my favorite storylines.

AOL Video (1980-1981 so far)

Rachel Shoots Mitch, Goes on the Run

Blaine Shoots Jordan Scott/Jordan Scott Murder Mystery

Jamie's drug Addiction, and the destruction of his marriage to Cecile, Debut of Nancy Frangione as Cecile

Matthew's Paternity

Mac and Rachel's Nasty Divorce

Sandy is Mac's Son

Jerry/Blaine/Sandy on the run

NBC 1983-1999

Alma Rudder Tortures Blaine, Shoots Sandy

Alma Rudder's Murder

Maggies Paternity, Jamie/Cecile/Sandy triangle

Introduction of Carl Hutchins

Introduction of Cass/Felicia

David Thatcher Murder Mystery

Cass/Kathleen/Cecile

Cecile Kidnaps Cass at his Wedding to Kathleen

Mayhem in the desert/Carl Hutchins Kidnaps Marley

The Sin Stalker

Reggie Love aka. The Vulture comes to Bay City

Wallingford Dies

Jason Frame's Murder

John and Sharlene

Cory Takeover/Iris is the Chief!

Mac Dies/25th Anniversery

Who Shot Jake

Carl Returns

Ada Dies

Felicia's Alcoholism

Lucas is Shot and Dies/Murder Mystery

Grant/Vicky/Ryan in Canada

Grant Shoots Vicky

Carl is Ryan's Father

Carl/Rachel

Gary and Josie

Grant Harrison Shoots Grant Harrison/frames Vicky for attempted Murder

Felicia's fall/plastic surgery

Crazy Justine, LOL, I know alot of people hated this, but i liked it.

Grant's "murder"

Gabe Is Shot/total shocker

Im sure theres some i left out.

"Join us each weekday at this time for the continuing story of.........Another World!"

Chris

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I liked the Justine Duvalier storyline, and the 1996 Serial Killer storyline, call me weird but I liked what JFP did during those years. Does anyone know where I can find old AW media for these storylines (besides the few ive seen on Youtube?) Anyone have a clip of where Felicia falls through the skyline in 97?

• Members

FYI - Alice Barrett-Mitchell (Frankie) was on Friday's OLTL as the OB/GYN, and she'll probably be on tomorrow (since there was a cliffhanger in that set on Friday)

It was great to see her again - she looks fantastic!

• Members

Poor. poor, misguided Lumina...

Thank God for David MacDonald, who totally saved Jordan Stark from being completely worthless.

And how much fun were he and Kim Rhodes together in those last few weeks?! David and Cindy were AWESOME!

• Members

I loved AW way back from childhood. I think my favourite storyline was Mitch and Janice and the creation of Brava! magazine and then the outcome with St. Croix, and the pool, and Rachel and Janice and then Mitch disappearing and Rachel going to jail, and poor Mac on the witness stand finding out he couldn't be Matthew's father. Wheww! HARRY MUST DIE!

If I go way back, Iris was causing trouble on a daily basis but it was a slow burn. Daddy! this and Daddy! that. One of the best triangles ever was Rachel, Mac, and Iris. Repeated on OLTL as Dorian, Viki and Victor.

And I loved anything with Cecile de Pouligniac.

Also there was poor John Randolph getting involved with Olive after Pat left him. And all that creepy music when John shot Olive's lover, the architect. Aunt Liz seemed to be meddling into every one of those old stories. That would have been mid -late 70's.

and then there was "Iris, you're adopted!" and her mother, Sylvie Kosloff who took over the house - or FOLLY - built by Olive Randolph (who was by then in the nut house)

Iris had the coolest penthouse ever.

• Members

Are any of you old enough to remember the misguided 90 minute version? I am.

In my opinion, it could have been magnificent... but how can you expect a great cast like that to do it all? Of course they had to add new families, and as they took over, we had 90 minutes of strangers.

And then there was the 60 to 90 second preview at the beginning of the show, which was almost identical to the 60 to 90 second preview from the end of the previous show. In other words, it worked once.

I was rather young at the time but I remember heavy criticism in TV Guide; most of it about a cast too large to keep track of.

• Members

Yes, but too young to fully appreciate it. His name was the first I recognized as "writer", during a '70's Emmy broadcast that included multiple favourable mentions of Harding "Pete" Lemay. Kind of an "aha!" moment for me about who was responsible for what the actors said.

No, I've never been mistaken for an intelligent person. If I can get an MA anyone can.

I was born in '68 so you do the math.

My sister and I wore out the rotary tuner (this was before digital remotes) switching from OLTL and AW.

We were among the lucky few that had remotes back then. We'd click and watch the rotary dial on the TV console turn to change the channel. If you were on 5 it still had to go through 6, 7, and 8, to get to 9. No just punching in the number. And if the phone was too close to the TV, and it rang, it sent the dial spinning. Click! Click! Click!

• Members

I have, several times. "Eight Years in Another World" is a great book. He reveals his opinions of certain actors and his frustration with Procter & Gamble especially surrounding his planned storyline for Michael Randolph. He also goes into detail regarding his initial arrangement with Irna Phillips.

I was born in January, 1967, and probably have a similar perspective as TC Greene.

Archived