Port Charles Discussion Thread

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I have a special feeling towards PC maybe because it was the only soap that I was able to watch from begining to end. I liked PC pre-arc better. I loved the time Karen Harris was headwriter I think that was the year 2000. However, I did love some of the arcs Tainted Love was my favorite, but I also enjoyed Secrets, Naked Eyes and Surrender.

• Members

I loved Port Charles and I cried when it got cancelled. I remember vividly in 2003 when the Emmy nominations were announced and PC got a best show nomination. I was so excited for them. When they didn't win it was like I was kicked in the gut. PC was the little show that could and I thoroughly enjoyed the arcs, hence the reason I am a fan of B&J and JHC. I thought they did a great job with Port Charles.

• Members

I loved Livvie. Man was one of my all time favorite soap characters. There was so much depth within her and it's so sad that she was always turned down for the door knob Alison.

Edited by Skin

• Members

I loved PC God to this day I miss this soap.

I started watching PC during the Arc's I believe the first Arc was Secret's (the one filling the Fifth Chair.)

I really fell in love with Julie Pinson and Thorsten Kaye and there characters.

It's to bad Thorsten has to be settled with such a one-note/stale character on AMC.

I"d love to see Julie and Thorsten together again.

• Members

I really liked the Miracles Happening arc the best. Mostly cause of Kevin and Lucy's wedding, which was so amazing.

Tainted Love was another favorite arc of mine

Whomever writer it was to pair up Livvie and Rafe needed smacked. That had to be one of the worst pairings ever on PC. I think it was B&E *shocker*(NOT)

• Members

There were twelve arcs. The first started in December 2000...Fate. It focused on Ian and Eve's love story, and Kevin and Lucy getting back together. Following that was the first supernatural arc...Time In A Bottle. That was Karen and Frank's love story. Tainted Love was third...the introduction of Caleb, the vampire. Tempted (which aired around the time of 9/11) mixed up all the characters and introduced Rafe, Lucy's cousin/angel. It also marked the exit for Caleb, for a time. Miracles Happen was the shortest arc...lasting only one month. Lucy and Kevin got married, Julie (one of the interns from the early days) made her final appearances. Secrets started in Jan. 2002. It marked the ending of Jamali and introduced Rali, and brought in three angels who caused problems for the citizens of Port Charles. At the end of that arc, the angels all went back to heaven (including Rafe and Eve, the Fifth Chair). Superstition is a little hard for me to define. It was a mixed bag of witchcraft with Alison and Livvie (who had found a memory-less Rafe after he made a deal with the devil to return to earth) primarily the focus. Torn was a lot of the same, but at least Rafe knew Alison existed even if he didn't remember her until the end. Livvie shot Rafe and sent him back home, but he returned again...this time as human (or so it appeared). Naked Eyes focused on the reuniting of Rali and the return of Caleb as Steven Clay, a rock singer, with Jack finding Tess, Livvie's double. Surrender involved everyone finding out Caleb was back...and what they did (independently and together) to stop him. Ian became a vampire. Caleb didn't seem as big a problem as his so-called manager, Joshua, who'd become a vampire and decided to get rid of the slayers and others. At the end of Surrender, there was an explosion with several characters in jeopardy. Desire featured Joshua's decision to marry Alison by brainwashing her, while Caleb was suddenly human...but with his own problems...Livvie was now a vampire. Caleb and Rafe teamed up to get rid of Joshua. Karen died and Caleb became a vampire again as the show went into The Gift, the final arc. Unfortunately, at that time, several of the cast...Amanda Barrington, Frank, Kevin's father, Jamal...had joined Ian as vampires.

I loved the arcs, and I'm a Rali fan as well as fan of Caleb with Livvie. I really miss it.

• Members

Fate & Time In A Bottle were both great love storys. Tainted Love & Tempted was amazing campy scifi drama done right, something passions never could get down. Miracles Happen was a bore, IMHO. Secrets was great and i was addicted, so sad when Eve died. Superstition was ,,, idk. odd. Then Torn & Naked Eyes happened and it was amazing. Surrender started to go down hill fast, and Desire was bad, and The Gift was horrid.