Port Charles Discussion Thread

• Replies 247
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• Members

I never watched PC but episodes still got taped by my mother (or me when I just wanted AMC and OLTL). I'm currently editing a PC episode and it's so funny for me to put faces to the names I've been hearing on GH. I had no idea that Rafe was played by Gaskill, or that Father Ricky from AMC had been on PC.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

The acting in that 2002 episode is so amateurish. I'd actually started to forget how bad some of that was, especially the Hershey Presleys ph34r.png

Kelly Monaco wasn't much of an actress but had real presence. I wish she'd ended up playing a role like Ruby on Supernatural (a demon with unclear motives and the chance for redemption, ultimately revealed to be a sham), which was a killer part, often miscast.

• Members

AdelaideCate thank you for uploading those June 2000 episode. They were a real treat.

I'd never watched the ABC soaps until SoapNet arrived so I reemmeber seeing bits and pieces of this time period with Cedric / Jamal / Alison and the arrival of Livvie. For the most part, I found myself enjoying these episodes and understand why many have said this was one of the strongest periods for the show.

I'm surprised how integrated the cast of PC and GH is at this time. Alexis showing up as Frank's custody attorney and Alan appearing in scenes at GH. And look at soap vets Peter Hanson, Susan Brown, Maree Cheatam, and Nicholas Pryor all appearing in strong supporting roles. In particular, I'm surprised how much Gail appears in a professional role at GH. What a wonderful surprise.

I like how they experimented with the episode structure. Initially, I wasn't a fan of the opening montage of everyone preparing for the custody case resolution, but I like how they bookended the episode with a similar montage of everyone back where they started. It was rather effective. Also, the back and forth between Julie telling Chris about Christina while the Baldwin / Coe clan celebrated Christina's birthday was great.

I forgot how wonderful Carly Shroeder was as an actress. She was so charismatic and lively. The scenes where she and Scott go to viist her mother's grave and put flowers on Claire (the terminally ill patient Scott had helped secure the right to die at home) was touching as was SErena's offer to have Lucy adopt her. The little beats did so much while the story keeps moving at a quick pace.

I like the atmosphere of the hospital and how it seems to drive a lot of the story and the interactions. I love cocky do gooder Ian scolding nwbie nurse Gabriella for her failure to insert the IV during the cycling accident. It was nice to see Ion Overman before she became the OTT vampire. I loved Alison telling Eve and Kevin that Rachel was a pariah now after the stunt she pulled at their wedding. I wish the show had continued to tell stories within the hospital as Karen Harris and Barbara Bloom did such a good job during this period.

Watching the valerie stuff again upsets me deeply. I hated how they changed Hope's paternity as I felt it undermined Jamal's character. There was no reason to do that other than to ruin Jamal in order to pimp Rafe. "Secrets" was my favorite arc, but the Valerie plotline is such a blemish on a strong story.

It was also nice to see the first Nurse's Ball episode in its entirety. I beleive LoriJo only has part of it on her youtube channel.

Thanks again.

• Members

I really loved the Harris/Bloom era, the nurses' strike, Rachel, all that stuff. At that time GH and PC were interlocking and Lee and Gail were ever-present. I remember Alison turning up at a rave to torment Emily Q on GH. And I liked the early stuff with Ian and Eve and the promos with the cover of "I'm Not in Love". I didn't like Scott and Lucy, but that ended soon enough.

• Members

At this time they regretted not having more crossovers in PC's first few years (I think most of them stopped after early '98), so they were trying to make up for it.

PC had the slowest credit updates ever - Audrey was in there for years even though she only appeared in the pilot. Scott was in there several years after he left.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...