• Replies 994
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...
  • Members

I wonder why the show never really revisited Amanda/Billy after Alison left. I know Billy and Alison were no longer together long before she left but as I believe Alison to be Billy's true love, I could see him not wanting to be around Amanda in front of Alison.

I guess by then it was all Amanda/Peter with Kyle/Taylor mixed in.

• Members

So with the recent dump of some 20 inches of snow this past week, I opted to stay home and veg out on Melrose reruns instead of trying to be productive. To compare the show from its initial episodes, to the final episodes of season 1, to the start of season 2, and then jump to the end of season 3 (yeah, I was all over the place) was a fun little walk down Melrose memory lane.

I think the end of season 1 / early season 2 was an excellent balance of continuing dramatic stories along with character development, interaction, and introspection. For instance, we really felt the pain Jane was going through with the loss of her marriage. In addition to the feelings of failure and the loss of building a potential family, they focused on little details, like having to buy "dinner for ones," or the fact that this was the first time she'd ever be living alone. We saw her purge all of Michael's belongings and plan a time for him to gather his stuff, we saw her cry on Sydney's shoulder, and discuss how their parents are worried about her, etc.

Compare that to the constant musical chairs of people moving in and out of each others apartments like it was a college dorm, and the fast 'n easy divorces in later years. Allison Parker is literally a different character from season 1 to season 3. I can't blame Billy for dropping her.

I didn't even get to season 4 or 5, but perhaps I'll do that next week if the weather sucks again.

Season 3 was a roller coaster of pure Melrose camp at its finest, but looking back, I really prefer the balance they had in the second half of season one and throughout season two.

Just keepin' this thread alive. I'm sure I've already said all this stuff before :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • Members

Haha, LOVE! So ridiculous that she was promoted so quickly, and it was within weeks after she returned from her 28-day treatment. Good ol' reliable Miss Parker.

How many times did she leave, quit, was fired, or nearly fired from D&D? Starting all the way back when Kate Roberts was HBIC and Allison was front desk receptionist.