Santa Barbara Discussion Thread

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

But what’s the source? Is there any interview where Rob Reiner says that?

Because I watch a Chelsea Lately show where she said that to Robin about Rob Reiner. But it looked like a joke.

And Rob Reiner first met Robin Wright early 1984 (before Santa Barbara) because she auditioned for ‘The Sure Thing’ and Reiner didn’t like Robin Wright and her bad audition.

And then there’s  the book of Janet Hirshenson and Jane Jenkins (casting directors of ‘The Princess Bride’) named ‘A Star is Found’ where they explain the casting process of ‘The Princess Bride’ and they tell Rob Reiner didn’t want to meet again with Robin Wright because he remembered her from ‘The Sure Thing’ audition and didn’t like her at all.

I wish I could post the pages of the book here.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Well, duh!  ;-)

I would just add the word "officially," to that...  And unofficially, this means that all 3 Mason Capwells enjoyed the company of men - allegedly.

Btw, love Gordon Thompson, and agree with his assessment of the culturally-vacant Dynasty 2.0...

P.S. - Just finished reading the entire article... what a wonderful, enlightening interview!

Edited by YurSoakinginit

• Members

Premiere of the new Capwell manor: 

I always wondered (when reading) why SB fans hated the redesign of the manor so badly. Personally, I thought the new set was better than the old design. It actually looked like a real home for once. I never understood why that ugly fountain and gaudy foyer was so beloved by fans. 

• Members

For the record... Davies does not identify as gay, has been married to a woman - and I believe is in a longterm relationship with a woman presently. 

But when it's the 80's, and you're spending almost a year touring other parts of the world, just you & your hunky co-star together... sometimes on a boat.... and it's the 80's... 

I've read that "article" before. It's just so preposterous. I'm guessing that this writer is French? The "quotes" are painfully fictional or at minimum, wildly misinterpreted... 

Edited by YurSoakinginit

• Members

That she was for the first year or so- AND that of the entire cast over the years, she is the one that SB launched into legitimate stardom.  It's actually a very telling story for actors that consider soaps to be a "training ground."  With all of the cast turnover in those 9 years, SB only launched one actual star.  Sure some actors that left did get work in other mediums, but the ratio when you factor in the ones that left to pursue greener pastures doesn't bode well for leaving a soap for fame and fortune.